Will this work? Or will cause meltdown? Again lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Londoner

c0ckney geezer!!
Right guys,

After nearly causing meltdown on my new DX2.0 charging it on my normal charger with a positive centre pin adapter, not realising that Spektrum Tx need a negative centre pin charger, I just got myself one of these.

002-29.jpg

I got it from eBay and in the description it stated that it would charge JR and Spektrum Tx's, I asked the seller to confirm if it would charge my DX2 and he said yea.

Now I have it, it doesn't say anything about Spektrum on the pack and I'm now dubious about using it? For the fear of risking further damage to my Tx.

AAAARRRRGGGHH!!

Does anybody know if this is negative centre pin? Will it work? lol

IMO take the battery out to charge it. That way it has proper cooling and you can't accidentally turn the tx on plugged into the charger.

IMO take the battery out to charge it. That way it has proper cooling and you can't accidentally turn the tx on plugged into the charger.

I was taking the AA's out to charge them but this is what I'm sick of doing, charging 8 AA's, 4 at a time and just wanted to plug the charger into the Tx to charge it.

I know I should be taking the batteries out to charge them but I just take the battery cover off the bottom of the Tx, turn the Tx upside down so the heat can rise up and escape out and charge away. Saves time getting ready to go for a bash.

Oh and turning the Tx on while charging does nothing, not with my DX2.0 anyway, I've done it :lmao: just cuts the charger off. I wouldn't go recommending others to do it though lol

If you are using rechargeable in the battery tray just buy some wire and heat shrink and solder your own pack up. 1 piece in/out.

Latest posts

Members online

Back