Will Savage Flux diffs fit into Savage X4.6 bulk heads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazzman

Got a Savage x4.6 and was wondering if the diffs from a Savage Flux will fit in to my Bulk heads. Looking at these on Amazon as the price is quite reasonable but all the listings state that they fit the Savage xl Flux. I have attached 2 photos of the diff for sale on Amazon. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 41NjrnrcezS._AC_UL320_.jpg
    41NjrnrcezS._AC_UL320_.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 61ocoFBdiuL._AC_UL320_.jpg
    61ocoFBdiuL._AC_UL320_.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi. The diff and pinion fit. But the drive cups are heavy duty types 86248 which have a larger inside (for fitting the larger ends of heavy duty dog bones).
If you have Savage X4.6 drive cups 86064 you can use them in this diff case instead of the heavy duty types.

Thanks for the reply orzowei69. so are the flux diff output shafts the same as the ones on the XL 5.9 which has the 11mm Heavy duty ones. Sorry to sound like a numpy but just getting back into Savages after nearly 25 years and quite alot has changed since them days.
I have a standard Savage 25 with all the old parts on it, A Savage X with a K4.6 motor, a Savage X with an F4.6 and just finished putting together a Savage XL with a K5.9, the XL has Heavy duty 11mm dog bones. So I am guessing the Flux uses the same diffs.

Hi,
The Flux diffs use use heavy duty drive cups, the same as your Savage XL with a K5.9.
If you want to keep those drive cups, you will have to upgrade the dog bones and the wheel axles to heavy duty types.
The other option is to swap the heavy duty drive cups in the Flux diffs for the Savage X4.6 ones. In this way you can keep its original (non heavy duty) dogbones and wheel axles.
I also have a mix of savages. all converted to electric. The older one is a 21. When I break any old dogbone I upgrade the dog bone, drive cup and wheel axle to the heavy duty types.

Latest posts

Members online

Back