Will a Savage 25 wheelie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rody

I was just wondering. I bought my Savage 25 used a couple of months ago, and it's been a really great truck, but I never got it to wheelie. It's pretty much stock, with a few heavy duty pieces in it, and strengthened diffs. No real speed mods other than a tuned pipe. I thought it ran great, but...

I just bought a used Savage X, which is all stock, but it points to the sky all day long, without even trying. Is the 4.6 mill that much better, or is my tuning on the 25 off?

I've watched many 25's with the stock plastic pipe wheelie. The guy I'm thinking of had 15/47 gearing I think.

the stock 25 will rip wheelies. here is a pic from a 'intermittent' member of our bash group. not a wheelie but you get the idea. (that was a GT2 of mine & my stock jelly donuts).

truck was pullin wheelies when it was overloaded with alloy a-arms, bumpers & other "bullet-proof" items.

Well there you have it some will some won't depends on how aggressive the timing is on your 25. I have on that has a hard enough time getting the truck to move at all let alone wheelie. Did some moding to it and well let's just say I am thinking of using it to race with now. It is nearly as powerfull as my picco 26. So the motor does have some potential.

What the heck is wrong with my XL then? It won't wheelie for anything with 16/52 gears. It runs very fast and has a good tune and I have the slipper tight. The only thing I can figure is that my clutch shoes are starting to wear.

It sounds like it may be a combination of gearing and tuning then. I'm running 16/47 gears. I'll have to try the 52 spur then? Then maybe tighten my slipper. I think the tune is pretty good, but maybe lean it out a tad. Thanks.

16/47 should rip wheelies all day long. How much fuel has been through the engine? Depending on how old it is, you could have lost some pinch, clutches could be worn, slipper pad may be glazed over etc. All od these could affect its wheelie abilities.
Not to get too far off the OP's thread, but Mike, I had an XL chassis, and the extra length significantly reduced wheelies for me at least. Not saying an XL cant wheelie, but they will not do it as much as a reg length tvp.

Yeah, you would think I should at least be able to do one from a stop with this gearing. That's all I really want it to do anyway, I don't want it on the lid all the time, but it would be cool to stop and stand one up now and then LOL.

I bought an used Savage 21 long time ago and I've tried everything to get it wheelied and it never did?

Why? Because the engine that it came with has no compression at all? I can't even hear it shift into second gear.

Now I have a Savage X, I can wheelie every time.

Latest posts

Members online

Back