Why you should NOT run aluminum shock towers lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

well i put the controler in my my bosses hands today and here is the out come, he was coming up a paved hill when he gunned it, flipped on its lid but the shock tower must of caught a groove in the pavement or something... basiclly tore the bulk apart. if i had plastic tower I'm sure they would of just flexed and kept going.

DSC02007.jpg

DSC02003.jpg

DSC02000.jpg

that is exactly what I'm nervous about when I just switched to flm aluminum towers. I might just wind up going back to stock towers

Wow more important lesson don't let your boss drive a 1000 dollar RC

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal experience...
aluminum = bad or bling
stock plastic = good or less breakage.

not totally true nite.....50% true though. guys that spend 1600 on an all aluminum savage build and never put a drop of fuel in the tank is bad and bling, some aluminum parts are worth it, I bought the aluminum towers cuz I got an absolute steal on them and they give me more mounting positions for my shocks, besides them, and the tvps everything else is plastic

yea it sucks cuz that bulk only had like 30 mins run time on it, it was brand new... oh well i had to put the flux bulks in i just got anywayz so it game me an excuse.

I'm going back to plastic towers aswel.

Wouldn't CF towers still break the the plastic bulkhead? CF doesn't flex either, but I guess it might snap before the aluminum does since the aluminum can bend before it snaps?

Latest posts

Members online

Back