why preheat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

the first video shows a 3 gallon engine not preheated before starting

the second video is same engine warmed to 125 degrees

you decide....................

Last edited by a moderator:
yep I'm sold on the preheat no matter the outside temp. nice harley shirt.

I don't disagree that pre-heating may have benefits over a cold start but since I tuned in my mill, the past few days I been firing on 2 pulls, sometimes on the first. and also going to turbo button I have seen an incredible stability in the tune.

your less likely to snap a pull start on preheat also. internals turn much easier prob better for the mill all around

nice videos....and it makes perfectly good since.....but usually mine start quickly anyway. very nice video though....+1!!!

one more thing to carry around a heat lamp

l live in vegas i just let the outside pre heat my engines lol umm stick truck near camp fire not to near but clsoe enough for heat best i can think of

I've never pre-heated and never will. Not interested in the hassle. Of course, I don't have fancy engines either. My K4.6 has about 7 gallons on it and my son's F4.1 had over 6 gallons on it when I pulled it to install the F4.6, which now has about 3 gallons on it.

both the K4.6 and F4.1 run strong and have the original bearing in them and they don't leak. So, for me - there is not upside for the hassle.

I recommend pre-heating, less stress on everything including yourself ;)

So when you say preheat, do i need to use a heat gun or a hair dryer will do. I have not been able to start my savage 21 since i got it and it has been cold since i did buy it (used)

After last weekend, I am sold on the idea of preheating the motor. I spent the better part of an hour getting the truck started and running warm enough to use the throttle... It doesn't get too cold down here very often and the cheapest 12v hair dryer I have found is about $15 + shipping...so I guess I will just preheat at home before I head out to the field.

Latest posts

Members online

Back