Why I think the SS kit is best for beginners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motha Trucka

Now bear with me, there's a reason for this maddness. I'm fairly new to Nitro RC, and as many of you must know by now, I've had my problems. But I remember back in the mid 1980's Tamya had some real popular electric RC buggies, and they were in kit form, you had to build them, Yep every gear bolt and nut!!, So when something happened to them since YOU built them, then you knew them very well, you knew how they went together, and how they worked, because like I said you built it. If you had to take something apart there was no problem because since YOU built it then YOU knew how it came apart and went back together. Now today most of the cars and trucks are RTR when you get them, well if your like me or most guys for that matter that get thier first car or truck, just learnning how to tune them can be overwhelming, let alone tearing a trans, or diff apart. Especially when the manual does'nt tell you squat on how to do it, all they give you is an exploded view of the parts, and for most people that is'nt very much help!! But take the Savage ss kit, I've looked at the instruction manual, and it looks to be very good, so if your new to the hobby but you get this kit, then by the time you get her built you'll know every aspect of how she goes together, how she works, and all the adjustments, even the elecronics. If you need to make a repair it should be a very easy thing for you to do. Also I think that once you build a kit from the ground up, you will not only know your truck inside and out by heart, but you'll have a better understanding of any RTR trucks and cars you may get in the future. Needless to say my next truck is gonna be the Savage SS kit.
Paul :slapped:

Paul, My first savage was the kit. Also my first land R/C. I have had a few plane RTR kits as well as stick built one. I agree with you 100%. Thats what makes so many people "Noobs" (or RTR SYNDROM) Building is 60% of this hobby! You don't know R/c till you build a R/C... As far as the savage line go's you need 3 parts from HPI to build a unbeatable rig. The rest is all after market. IMO the Xss kit is sweet but not even needed to build a sick savage at a better price.

+1 Build don't Buy!:resp:

A kit is definitely the way to familiarize yourself with the workings of the truck.

I bought an x ss kit. also bought many many upgrades off the bay to substitute the stock parts as well. not just for beginners for anyone with a passion

I wrench on my RTR's as much as the kits. :)

Thats true. But I was a more scared to dig into my truck when I wasnt familiar with the way it went together.

all my cars are kits lol i hate rtrs i have a ss savge 25 an ft rc18t and the crt.5 is 80% assembled but i took everything apart to fmailiarize myslef

Members online

Back