Why even have a Mid-Range Needle ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xll-SavageX-llx

★ CaNaDa Eh ★
Well me and my Uncle took his Savage XL out today he still has the stock K5.9, and of course it has the (Mid-Range) screw which i think is POINTLESS but anyway, we were bashing for about 10 minutes and i noticed that the mill was getting leaner (if that's even a word) and i told my Uncle to bring the truck in and let me look at it and the first thing i saw was the Mid-Range Needle was turned in cornfused ALOT i didn't have my camcorder on me at the time, but when we got home i took this picture ::

IMG_0782.jpg

After thinking for a bit i took the Mid-Range out and put some Blue Loctite on the thread and put it back into the carb and then open the carb and looked to see if any loctite came out in the chamber, were good :)
Know wonder the temp sky rocketed...
So as the saying is "No video never, happened" well i have a picture which is worth 1000 words :)

- Brandon

i wondered the same thing; nice thread & pics for peeps wanting to know how to do this "the kidd"

+rep

at your experience level, you shouldnt be runnin a sport mill anyway :stickspank: lol

The mid-needle on the K mills and axials (same Motors) have a tendency to walk and leak by. At least you didnt loose it because sometimes they go the other way and fall out. Not sure how the loctite willwork out, but a little threebond or rtv (banks favorite) will also work.

there supposed to let you do even more "fine tuning" but from what i've heard there more of a pain then anything else..........

I hope i don't sound stupid...but what is a mill?
"at your experience level, you shouldnt be runnin a sport mill anyway"

a mill is a motor and a sport mill is a modded motor for more power or a high performance motor

Last edited by a moderator:
The mid speed needle is used for fine tuning (as unrefined as it is) the transition from low rpm to high rpm. Slight changes can have positive effects but for the most part, follow the directions (flush) and secure it in place.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back