Why Engine revs after full throttle is released?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you mean it still accelerates after or kinda sounds like a dirt bike winding down with a poping sound?

i think that would mean that your too lean wouldn't it?

kinda like this
neeeeeeeeee ne ne ne ne ne neeeeeeeee lol

haha, nice.

do you mean once the engine returns to idle its start to rev higher? or it revs higher as soon as you let go of the throttle and then idles?

like...

neeeeeeeeeeeeeee ne ne ne ne neeee neeee ne ne ne neeee ne ne..

or neeeeeeeeeeeee neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ne ne ne ne ne...?

(it would be great to solve this problem using the language of the engine!)

I have watched those already. I guess that is how I get it to lean, I try to tune it to wheelie. Anyway, the last part of the second movie is what it sounds like.@ ~2:50

Guess my low speed is to rich. It makes sense cause the throttle is closed and it revs high.

The other problems I have is when I get it tuned nicely I put it away and then it wont start next time or that it will start and when I remove the Glow stick it dies after about 1 second.

Last edited by a moderator:
try a different plug, and u might be lean on the lsh, does it bog off the line ?

Well the plug burns bright when I take it out to check it. Do you think it could be the wrong temp? What # plug is optimal for a savage .25 and say 15-20% nitro?

I know I am going to hear it... It is the same fuel... has been for about *cough* 2 years *cough*

I don't really drive it much and I have been trying to get it reliably running before I drive to the track. I can't drive it for very long before the neighborhood kids start to get in the way.

I will have to look what plug is installed, but I think it is an 8.

Jester - yeah I guess it does, thats why probably I keep leaning it out...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back