Whooooaa No brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grtrnd1

I've had my savage running for about 2 weeks now and love it. It is extremely powerfull, but I can't get it to stop. I've taken the spring off the brake arm and replaced it with fuel tubing. I've cleaned the brake pads off and i've tightened them up to the point that they are almost dragging and it wont stop quick. If I run wide open and hit the brakes it will still go about 30 feet or so before stopping. I've searched the forum and had people say that they have flipped their truck over hitting the brakes. Is the servo not strong enough or am I missing something? Thanks. Cool site.

what truck do you have? if they are the Red fiber ones you should be fine and if they are the black one off the X they are tarable and the dual SS ones stop good if the pads are still there. However, one fix you will more than likely have to do to fix this is switch to the OFNA syle linkage which if you search for OFNA Linkage you will get about 200 different ways of doing but all have the same concept.

Here's a quick picture of mine granted it is backwards of yours probalby as its set up for a mid-tank but you can get a general idea of it.
PRCSavageChassis003.jpg

I posted a pretty easy guide to fix brake problems :)

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5704

Also, a hump pack 1200mAH and a decent torque servo helps a lot! Using the ofna mod also increases the braking of the truck. All of those ideas can really make braking a lot better. I went to a 1600mAH hump pack, and a futaba S3003 servo and my brakes (even with the stock linkage) can flip my truck over. So, check out my guide, and think about switching to a hump pack. :)

Thanks. I have since put in a high torque servo, and solved the problem. How much running can you get out of a hump pack battery pack. Can you get a full day of it, or not. I kind of like the ease of changing out AA's. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Members online

Back