Whoa!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTDpower

I've been reading so many old posts it's not even funny. I have been noticing something though...

If anybody has a big build, major list of aftermarket parts, or a new build from the ground up and wants somebody to build it for them for whatever reason... send all that crap to me. I like building them more than driving them, and will do it for free and have it back in the mail headed your way in record time, like over night :)

pancake-bunny.jpg

+3, have you ever built a truck? i haven't seen a pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
+3, have you ever built a truck? i haven't seen a pic.

Sure have man :) I've built a few savages, along with many other rc's (buggies, trucks, on road, minis whatever). First one I built was a Blackfoot about 12 years ago, and have built many since.

Building an RC isn't exactly rocket science though. I think I have done many other things in my life that could better prove my skills, along with having an engineering degree.

However, I'm not trying to start a business here, nor charge any money at all. I'm just saying, if you are new to RC, don't have any time, not confident in our own skills, or just hate building them, I'll do it for you, for free, in no time at all.

Sure have man :) I've built a few savages, along with many other rc's (buggies, trucks, on road, minis whatever). First one I built was a Blackfoot about 12 years ago, and have built many since.

Building an RC isn't exactly rocket science though. I think I have done many other things in my life that could better prove my skills, along with having an engineering degree.

However, I'm not trying to start a business here, nor charge any money at all. I'm just saying, if you are new to RC, don't have any time, not confident in our own skills, or just hate building them, I'll do it for you, for free, in no time at all.

LOL, I said about the same thing to Fred in a I'm ... "See his cads?" "See his dodge? "...Think he can handle a savage lmao. If you own a screw driver, know how to use it, all the while understand its not a hammer too... I think you can build a savage!

(that degree makes you lose points with me, Yet to see a engineer with any common sense...) So Shhhh with that ...

^^^ Other then mechanical engineers but yet even some of them

I've been reading so many old posts it's not even funny. I have been noticing something though...

If anybody has a big build, major list of aftermarket parts, or a new build from the ground up and wants somebody to build it for them for whatever reason... send all that crap to me. I like building them more than driving them, and will do it for free and have it back in the mail headed your way in record time, like over night :)

LOL, I said about the same thing to Fred in a I'm ... "See his cads?" "See his dodge? "...Think he can handle a savage lmao. If you own a screw driver, know how to use it, all the while understand its not a hammer too... I think you can build a savage!

(that degree makes you lose points with me, Yet to see a engineer with any common sense...) So Shhhh with that ...

^^^ Other then mechanical engineers but yet even some of them

those points all sound good; but i guess i don't understand the point of this thread.

not a poke at ctd's abilities or what you have/haven't accomplished in life, but who would send their truck to someone thats never posted pics of anything theyve actually built.

would you?

Haha, no I'm not a locomotive engineer :)

Architectural engineering (like structural). I was a general contractor for the last 2 years building the houses I drew. I worked really close, and had worked closely in the past with all of my subs... I designed the houses so they were easy to build and still met the clients needs, the subs loved me :)

I drew over 700 actual houses that were built in just under 5 years. I pretty much dominated the field in my area until it all went to crap.

I have mechanical experience from school and a few projects, and as far as mechnical systems, well, only school for that one (no interest in that field).

It would be wierd for someone to send a stranger all of their crap and trust they return it to them... I guess you just have to have faith, haha.

There has to be some rich kid spendin daddy's money, that will be willing to send me all their crap cause they are to edit to know better :)

Architectural engineering (like structural). I was a general contractor for the last 2 years building the houses I drew. I worked really close, and had worked closely in the past with all of my subs... I designed the houses so they were easy to build and still met the clients needs, the subs loved me :)

I drew over 700 actual houses that were built in just under 5 years. I pretty much dominated the field in my area until it all went to crap.

I have mechanical experience from school and a few projects, and as far as mechnical systems, well, only school for that one (no interest in that field).

It would be wierd for someone to send a stranger all of their crap and trust they return it to them... I guess you just have to have faith, haha.

There has to be some rich kid spendin daddy's money, that will be willing to send me all their crap cause they are to retarded to know better :)

Sudi cant afford the shipping ....

that sounds like a kool job man

Sudi cant afford the shipping ....

i just laugh so hard i swallowed my gum

Just made a small purchase about 5min ago... been talking to Mike from rc-monster. Still need to make the larger tower order, but it is hard to convince the wife that I NEED the stuff, haha.

well, feel free to send it to any one of us and we'll wrench it & send it back to ya, lol :peace:

I'm with bank on this one. an engineers job is to make it hard for the fabricator and impossible for the repair person

I was the fabricator and the repair person as well :) I know what your saying though. In school they made us focus alot on ease of maintenance, ease of assembly, how the thing is gonna be transported (everything from fitting in semi's to fitting in the smallest size box for mailing).

I have contractors that bring me plans that their customer bought from somwhere else and they have me redraw them so they can actually build the thing. I've seen some edit stuff.

theres only a few people i would let work on my rc trucks but then you don't learn anything by having someone else build it or wrench on it

Typically I'm not a fan of someone owning something that they know very little or nothing about... that is why I was against RTR's from the very beginning, and why I still have a deep hatred for traxxas, haha....

but in this case I'll make an exception. Any excuse to get to build a sweet (or ANY, for that matter) project is fine by me. Plus if I build it, they break it, then chances are I'll get to work on it again cause they won't know how to fix it, haha, it's a win win for me :)

Plus it is a free service, except for shipping. I bet you could ship one with ups for like $20 one way to me from just about anywhere in the US (I'm in CO right in the middle). With no body or tires the box wouldn't need to be that big.

theres only a few people i would let work on my rc trucks but then you don't learn anything by having someone else build it or wrench on it

Dang you are one step closer to fitting in my target market group than I am... I wouldn't let anyone work on my stuff (i.e. rc's, house, real cars, the list goes on forever).

:)

I'll smack you Guy.

Latest posts

Members online

Back