Who uses a body reamer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsenracing

Manufacturer
Hey guys I have done a lot of body's but have always used a drill bit to put holes in my body's. I have been toying around with purchasing one to see if it would be easier. So

for those of you who have one or have used one do they work good.

I saw this on on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Integy-Body-Hol...ntrolQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQQsalenotsupported I use all Integy tools and have been impressed with them so far so figured this may not be a bad one as well. Let us know your thoughts.

i use the dubro reamer. it was about 10 bucks with the curved scissors. it works great. you just give it a twist. simple.
i also grabbed a set of these on ebay (trinity MONSTER post hole markers). makes life much, much easier, but if you want 'em, grab 'em fast cuz they are discontinued
ps. make sure you get the MONSTER truck ones because the smaller set will not work on your monster truck

Thanks frddy. I may look into the dubro stuff. I do not need the post markers because I mark and cut everything before its painted.

I then cut with a roto-zip bit in my dremal. Works great. Then come by with a sander and make sure its straight. Can trim a full body in about 4 minuets with a tool change in the dremal (Everything must be marked first to make 4min though).

I have used a Dubro reamer, and I broke it it short order. The tip spins in the handle since its a molded unit. I use a Sportwerks unit myself.

I've used both and would not use a drill for precise holes. Not enough control and it happens to fast IMO. Reamer every time for me.

I use an Axial one - it looks like the Ofna above ^ I picked it cuz it came with a cap, some don't.

I'll also use a Uni-bit stepped drill bit for holes in plastic or lexan. It works way better than a twist bit.

reamers all the way
I use this one:
ofn10804.jpg

You can put the cap on the bottom when in use so you don't lose it.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/2381

thanks for the thread larsenracing as thats the only reason i haven't bought a nicely custom painted body cuz i was afraid of messing it up trying to figure out were and how to do the body post holes so thanks!!!

thanks for the thread larsenracing as thats the only reason i haven't bought a nicely custom painted body cuz i was afraid of messing it up trying to figure out were and how to do the body post holes so thanks!!!

Nitro, if your frustrated trying to get the holes in the right place, try these http://cgi.ebay.com/Trinity-No-Brainer-Monster-Truck-Body-Post-Hole-Marker_W0QQitemZ250313852769QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item250313852769&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A570%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
Only thing is, if you want 'em:
1. make sure you get the "monster truck" set, cuz the other set is too small & wont work on your monster truck.
2. grab 'em quick on ebay, cuz they are a discontinued item.
they do rock tho. mark the spot with these, then make the hole with the reamer....:jamout:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back