Who knows the Hellfire?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orcusomega

I have been thinking about picking upa Hellfire but wanted to see what the general consensus was. They seem very quick and i love the lool - thoughts?

Thanks!

Bob

i love mine, its a serious basher. Outbash a savage x 10.

takes same mill, wheels, & diffs as a savage so you can swap around parts.

pm judicator, i think he's gettin ready to sell one. thats where i got mine.

I like mine and it can hold up to a beating, but I have not taken it to a race track yet. Although I want to someday which is one reason I got it, if you want it for racing I think you will get told from others here there are better truggy's for racing.

Hellfire is a good option so long as you don't plan on racing next year. I don't know if you do or not but they don't a low the hellfire in truggy or MT.

I tore mine down to the chassis last night. I never got off on bashing it but I have one lol. it just made a huge parts donation to a new savage build

I just got one, and tried to bash it yesterday, but I stripped my servo horn within the first 2 minutes. While it was running it was nice though. It handles a lot better than my Savage, but I never got to jump anything.

I just got one, and tried to bash it yesterday, but I stripped my servo horn within the first 2 minutes. While it was running it was nice though. It handles a lot better than my Savage, but I never got to jump anything.

Get an aluminum servo arm. I stripped a couple also until I upgraded.

ihave never owned one but i think they are scard of jumping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW5Fxr3DFbw lmao

Thats just frddy being a noob driver. Some of us HF owners are not afraid to jump it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YO5Id3Pqd4

Its the orange HF. don't get it confused with the Orange General Lee (Revo :puke:)

Thanks to tominator for the great vid!

Get an aluminum servo arm. I stripped a couple also until I upgraded.

Thats just frddy being a noob driver. Some of us HF owners are not afraid to jump it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YO5Id3Pqd4

Its the orange HF. don't get it confused with the Orange General Lee (Revo :puke:)

Thanks to tominator for the great vid!
Is that the one i saw lose a wheel ?

No sir. that HF took a butt whipping and did not break a single thing. Air hang time and distance went down because she was dragging about 5 lbs of mud (no exaggerating)
lol ok. I saw some orange thing in one of them vids self destruct on the top of a jump out there

Sudi, IMO I think its a truggy, and is just as tough, if not tougher than a savage. I have heard that some racing organizations do not recognize it as a truggy, but I cannot be sure. Maybe one of the racing guru's can pipe up on that one.

Talk about wierd. I called the guy about the hellfire, and he mentioned he sold it last night - CRAP! He calls me back 15 mins later and his buddy will sell his same price - so I am going up to take a look tomorrow morning

Bob

I know the hpi site says 1/8th scale but aparantly it is not as big as the main stream truggies so the two tracks I race at won't let it into the truggy class. If you don't want it for racing it is a mute point anyway. Hope you get it man.

To be honest I have no Idea I was only pointing it out because we had talked about racing next season.

Unfortunatly I don't make the rules for the track and I tend to agree with something bank told me months ago when I had told him about this. He said that they probley just don't want to loose to a 200 dollar truggy.

Well, I called my local track, and it can run in the 1/8 truggy class - cool! Now I just need to learn how to drive the darn thing :)

Picked it up this morning - LIKE IT!

gse_multipart59234.tmp.jpg

Yup, i has been run - there are a few scratches on the underbelly, and it needs new brake pads - but the brake disc itself is knotched - so I would imagine it would wear quite quickly.... Now I am glad I didn't glue the new Badlands onto the Savage wheels - I am gonna use them on the Hellfire for the time being...

Aside from the parking lot test, here's what I noticed:
1) RX batt needs to be charged :) During the parking lot test, it died on me, so I zip tied a 4-AA pack to the chassis to keep it going.
2) Engine fired right up, ran very smoothly, idled nice, throttle was smooth. Compression seemed quite nice as well.
3) The brake pads were shot - metal on metal. As I said above, since the brake disk is slotted, I suspect they would wear quickly - I am going to see what I can do to change/upgrade these. I did notice that the disc looks about the same size as the savage, and it has 2, one on each side of the center diff. I am going to see if a savage brake disc will fit - I can use the two discs from the red fiber disc set and have one strong setup. I haven't measured the size yet, so I have no idea if it will even work, but it would seem it would...
4) I looked for the common issues on the HF I found on the web, but none seemed to apply - bulkhead supports, etc all seemed tight - no cracking or warping, got my fingers crossed...

That said, it needs a GOOD shakedown run, and I am going to break it down to go over everything. I don't know the previous owner, so I have no reason to trust he did everything he should to keep the truck in top shape.

Bob

That said, it needs a GOOD shakedown run, and I am going to break it down to go over everything. I don't know the previous owner, so I have no reason to trust he did everything he should to keep the truck in top shape.

Bob

This the first thing i did when i got mine used. Also Upgraded all 3 plastic diff housings to the Xss Alloy cups, 50k fluid center & 10k front & rear.

Good luck with the truck, you'll have a lot of fun with it.

BTW- 2 brake discs caz you have both front & rear brakes & can adjust the amount of braking power to each.

Can I replace the metal discs and cheesy pads to the red ones from the savage so that I don't have to worry about little sticky pads? Are the hex's the same size? I won't be home until late tonight so I wont be able to check, and that is bothering the hell out of me because I want to drive the wheels off this thing NOW but I don't want to SMASH the wheels off by not having brakes :)

Bob

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back