Which pipe for LRP z.28r ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoLove

I am ordering me one of these motors to put on my Savage X SS and wondered if anyone has experimented with different pipes or what works best. Also has anyone tried one of the out the back dual pipes with one of these?

Also, is there anything else I should buy with this? Are the crankshaft bearings good from the factory?

Last edited by a moderator:
BUKU for sure.

I've put on high gearing, added some weight to the drive terrain, plus bigger/heavier tires, and can still pop some wheelies.

The tires don't balloon, and I'll still pull 38mph. With stock wheels I was hitting 44mph.

Don't try the rear dual exhaust. It SUCKS......it looks cool and sounds awesome, but the performance is horrible. No matter how I tuned the carb it would not have any power....also made it run way too hot.

not to mention the dual rear exhausts are ear splitting loud ive heard lol the buku would be my first choice but i've read many times ths makes a great exhaust as well!!

I am ordering me one of these motors to put on my Savage X SS and wondered if anyone has experimented with different pipes or what works best. Also has anyone tried one of the out the back dual pipes with one of these?

Also, is there anything else I should buy with this? Are the crankshaft bearings good from the factory?

That motor will *love* the Dynamite 086 with Tsais Savage header from RCHub. I'm not promoting RCHub, but it's the only place I've been able to find the Tsais header designed to fit just the Savage (it's a one-piece design).

I've been running my Buku with my LRP and its a fantastic setup, you won't be disappointed.

Members online

Back