Which ESC do I have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayOhh

Got a used Flux HP and there is no stickers or any marking on the ESC. So is there a way to tell which one it is?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering if it's waterproof. Not gonna be running in water, but we have lots of rain/snow up here, so I really hope it can handle some spray. Don't wanna find out the hard way though, so any help would be Nice. PS! There's a rubber "Box" around the on/off-switch, so that looks waterproof.

There is also a red and black wire coming out of the ESC which is hooked up to the reciever channel 3. What's this for? The fan?

The two wire (red/black) cable is likely the power running to your receiver from the ESC.

Picture of the non-waterproof ESC:

upload_2016-3-18_8-26-22.png

"Waterproof" ESC:

upload_2016-3-18_8-26-48.png

Yeah Guess it's not waterproof then :(

Anybody know how the Hobbywing Quickrun 150A compares to the Blur. I know I can get those pretty cheap, and they're waterproof.

About the red/black wires. I'm pretty sure the reciever is Powered through the "normal" ESC cable going to channel 2. I have the same reciever in a traxxas, and it's only Connected through channel 1 and 2 (steering and ESC). On the Savage I have one more Connection, which is hooked up to channel 3. It goes straight into the ESC.

I'm not finding the manual for the blur at the moment, so here's a picture of the waterproof ESC.

upload_2016-3-18_8-53-58.png\
As you can see, they use all three channels. CH1 is steering servo. CH2 is likely throttle. CHB is battery power to the receiver from the ESC.

Looking at pictures of the blur setup, is it possible that the red/black cable is for the switch?

upload_2016-3-18_8-59-39.png

Looks like it runs underneath the ESC and the switch is on the other side.

Thanks. The Picture of the waterproof looks like my setup, even though the ESC itself looks like the non waterproof.

Yes I do have the red/black which goes underneath ESC and back to the switch, but there's also a re/black going to channel 3.

I'm tempted to take the ESC out and see if there's any partnumber or serialnumber underneath. Is it only mounted With a ziptie and tape?

Latest posts

Members online

Back