which battery would you choose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkattack99

which would you choose a 5000mah 65c LiPo battery for 129.99 a piece or a battery thats 5000mah 45c battery for 99.99 a piece i i have two 5000mah 25c packs now and I'm not impressed i can't even do standing back flips with it just lands on the lid. i see vids of the flux with it just going like a bat out of hell and mine with these batteries is like running 4s still fast just nothing like iv seen.

I'm switching my savage to BL cause again i was just driving up and down the street with a few minor rolls still working on getting some fuel burned through my engine, and i started to run really lean when i got the tank through i looked and i noticed that the tank was cracked Sun of a Gun and the tank is back ordered till some time in april.

more specifically these two are the ones I'm pawning over:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...-Power-G6-3S-Li-Poly-Battery-65C-111V-5000mAh

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...e-Power-Li-Poly-45C-Battery-Pack-111V-5000mAh

well i just found out that the protek pack won't fit in the flux battery boxes, so to revise a little same question just if you had the choice of a 65c batt or a 45c batt which would you choose and why thanks.

those packs are supposed to be sweet.

either the 45c or 65c would rock the savage. if your a savage basher, the choice would come down to spending the extra 40/pack for the bit of extra jam you'd get.

the higher "C" rating means the cells will have lower internal resistance which means the voltage will stay closer to 3.7v which means more power for your motor.

here is why c-rating is important on a savage:

1. the savage weighs 13-15 pounds which is very heavy for a 1/8 car. so the workload that your asking motor/esc to perform is huge.

2. there are not standards for c-rating that LiPo mfr/resellers must abide by so they can pretty much make the c-rating what ever they want unless they are willing to show a discharge graph as proof.

3. so, in the budget packs if they overstate their C-rating, then the voltage during discharge of moving the heavy load of the savage may dip below safe levels, resulting in overdischarging the packs, or underpowering the b/l system which can lead to puffed packs, burnt esc's etc.

so in the end, if i were a truggy racer or just wanted to see if i could get a little more jam out of the savage and could swing the additional $80, then id go 65c.

if i wanted to save the $80, id go with the 45c and i bet youd be happy with them.

Latest posts

Members online

Back