WHEw what a day!! :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRock

Ok I just got the STS .28 and decided to take it out to seal it up and put the MC-59 plug in instead of the OS8. I got it back together and oticed the spure had melted. ( I hasdsarted the motor the other day ) so I took it back out and replaced the spur. I went to start it and then realized the brake pad had xcome out.well come to find out it broke. I tried using some spare sliiper pads and they were too thick and wouldn't let the stock servo pull it so I have no brakes until i can get to the LHS. It gets even BETTER;;;;NOT. So when I had it down I checked everything else and put it back together. Went to put it on a block to see if it had brakes.no it did'nt but the front main drive shaft fell ou1.:( I had have enough for one day. I am wondering if I can just do the break-in of the motor WITHOUT the driveshaft thus only having rear wheel drive.

OMFG!!!!!!! I had the OS8 and said that was too short and was told by a good bit of ppl even rysn from racernine to get the MC-59.

Look, I am just giving you a bit of advice. Every motor that I have worked on in the hobby shop above a .26 that ran a 59 in it had a pitted piston. I have never worked on a STS, so maybe theres something different about it. All I am saying is to check your piston every once in a while and see if it is pitting, thats all. If it pitts, just go to a colder plug.

my aps has some pitting from a 59 so watch out, plug sucks for the bigger engines

ah ok.....thanks for the warning. I talkef to ryan from racernince and he said it workd perfect for break-in

EDIT!!!! Ok i went to start today after i put the roto start on and what did i find out!? The roto spot is about 1 cm too LOW.it will not go in!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back