where to get servo's connectors an pins?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShiftPoint

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows where to get the connectors (futaba J type I think) and the pins that go in them that haven't ben on a cable yet?

I would like to shorten up the amount of wire in the radio box.

anybody ever did this.

The other way means removing the servo, opening the servo, unsoldering the cable, cutting it shorter and soldering it back, too much work.

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I was just going to cut a few inches of the wire out and resolder it back together.

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I was just going to cut a few inches of the wire out and resolder it back together.

I did that on one truck, and am sorry I did, well kind of sorry, I used heat shrink and it is too stiff and thicker than just wire so, well it is slopy looking and just not recommended by me.

I also tried to remove a pin and uncrimp it but thats a no go either. someone has to sell those. I wish I new what they were called, not futaba's name (just not sure there isanother name.

you could always disconnect them inside the servo, cut the wire shorter, and resolder them back where they came from...seems easier than trying to buy a crimper and new connectors imho...

I have done it the hard way before of opening the servo. I have seen pre made connectors before that you can use and just cut to length and solder into the servo which is what I think i'll do.

I am going to have to solder new wires on one of the trucks, I don't know maybe not, I haven't tried to close it yet but its going to be tight. the heat shrink is just too wide and stiff to lay in there nice.

Members online

No members online now.
Back