Where to find parts??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polarman

I recently pulled my Savages out after about a decade of collecting dust. I thought it would be fun to rebuild them with my boy. I've been looking around and I see that parts are much more difficult to find these days. Now, I have lots and lots (and lots and lots) of spare parts, but I'm sure I'll need to purchase something at some point. Does anyone have any advise on where I can find parts these days?

Parts are supposed to be getting stocked at A Main, Tower Hobbies and such places soon, keep watch and hopefully soon it will not be an issue....

^ What he said, hpi recently spoke with rc news i thibk it was and stated parts have hit the u.s. and are being distributed to stores now. So should see them shortly. By the sounds of it, parts would be available for some time as they had a bunch

After looking on every hobby site I could remember, it turns out that Amazon has lots of parts. Some are overpriced, but there's lots!

Yep eBay has a good amount as well. A lot of good parts pop up on eBay, just have to watch for them. I scored 2 machined diff sets there last week and a ofna linkage kit.

Yep eBay has a good amount as well. A lot of good parts pop up on eBay, just have to watch for them. I scored 2 machined diff sets there last week and a ofna linkage kit.
With so many hobby shops closing across the country, I'm surprised we're not seeing even more parts available than we're seeing. I'd think most of these stores would've had to liquidate what they had.
I'm still shocked when I walk into both of my LHS and they say we have no HPI parts. Really? None at all? You completely sold out of your stock right before HPI stopped shipping parts? Someone has to be sitting on a large lot of HPI parts from all these shops that closed down.

With so many hobby shops closing across the country, I'm surprised we're not seeing even more parts available than we're seeing. I'd think most of these stores would've had to liquidate what they had.
I'm still shocked when I walk into both of my LHS and they say we have no HPI parts. Really? None at all? You completely sold out of your stock right before HPI stopped shipping parts? Someone has to be sitting on a large lot of HPI parts from all these shops that closed down.

I hear ya there, but most of the time I'm not surprised either when I go into a lhs and see no hpi parts but loads of traxxas stuff. I've been in a few that had a good amount of hpi stuff but far less than more.

I would of thought I would see more parts as well showing up on eBay etc with people closing down. But I know if my local lhs closed I would go in and buy everything I could for what I had as would many.

I hear ya there, but most of the time I'm not surprised either when I go into a lhs and see no hpi parts but loads of traxxas stuff. I've been in a few that had a good amount of hpi stuff but far less than more.

I would of thought I would see more parts as well showing up on eBay etc with people closing down. But I know if my local lhs closed I would go in and buy everything I could for what I had as would many.
I'm not a Traxxas fan at all. Always thought it was a cheaper product as compared to HPI, Losi, Associated.

Last edited:
My lhs is the same way. Almost all traxxas. Unfortunately there are zero other hobby shops in a couple hundred miles that I can locate so it's all I have in a pinch. They carry no HPI parts at all but I often order my parts through them when I can just because I try to support my local shop. My first rc came from them and I still run it today. It was of course a traxxas, but I have since acquired 3 savages. I decided to use my T-Maxx as a truck to just abuse at all times waiting for it to quit on me so I can upgrade parts. So far all 3 savages have been getting upgrade parts. That damn T-Maxx never dies. It's kinda crazy. I still can't help but run a savage when I have the opportunity which is most of the time. I think the only other brand my lhs carries is helion or something like that.

you guys have a LHS lol here its 2 to 3 hours to find one, and they have no HPI, I am running a Savage 25 and a 21 with another 25 being cleaned to build so far i have been able to find the things i have needed. but if parts are become available i will stock up

Hey guys any news on parts seems like even most on lines stores r out. Ordered some parts the other day center drives and drive cups think hell yea finally someone has them in stock. Guess not just got an email today saying they were out and hopping to get more around January. I actually found out a town nearby has a hobby store. Sadly it’s mostly traxxas with some losi.

You will slowly start seeing them trickle in here in the coming months. I imagine by early January, or February you will see an increase in parts availability.

Oh ok that’s what the place I ordered from told me. Hopefully the store in Odessa will start to carry hpi when they become more readily available.

I'm needing some diff bevel gears. I thought they were hard to find last year, but now it's impossible to find much... I was hoping to fix it over winter... :(

I'm needing some diff bevel gears. I thought they were hard to find last year, but now it's impossible to find much... I was hoping to fix it over winter... :(
I keep hearing more parts are coming out. i hope that's true. a cross reference for what you can use in place of a hard to find part would help.

you clearly stated diff bevel gears, this is why getting the correct terminology correct can be important to getting the correct part the first time. so with that said you would be needing the differential pinion gear.....

you clearly stated diff bevel gears, this is why getting the correct terminology correct can be important to getting the correct part the first time. so with that said you would be needing the differential pinion gear.....
thanks for the heads up, I wasn't exactly sure way they were called. I considered calling it a pinon gear, but that wasn't quite right either.

You are looking for the machined diff gear set, part number 102692 I assume? I scored 2 brand new kits off eBay last week. So keep your eyes open as they do come around.

Latest posts

Back