When to quit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

I have lost all the guys I bash with so I have started to race my first race was this weekend and I did pertty good. Now it is just a question of how much more money I want to keep putting into modding the savage. I mean I have a really great truck now. I want to get a truggy as the MT class is almost dead so I will have to split the cash I have for RC between the two although by all accounts the truggy's are race ready out of the box pertty much. I have thought about making the savage crazy truggy like putting all CF on it, low cg shock towers, truggy shocks, and doing the centerdiff mod and rigging up front breaks somehow maybe even a third servo mounted across from the steering servo to work them. Than racing the savage with the truggy's but I don't know that will cost as much as a new truggy to do.

In no way am I giving up on the savage I love the truck it was my first RC and I have put a ton of work, money and love into building the truck. I will still race it as long as their are people to race and will always bash whenever I can. Just don't know what to do. I am torn between my love for my savage and the desire to have people to run with and as I am out of bashing buddies I have to move on to racing which kind of means I need a RC that fits into a class.

This is really hard I feel like a trader.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a truggy and race both. MT's are going to make a come back!!! We had 11 at the track yesterday.

Get a truggy and race both. MT's are going to make a come back!!! We had 11 at the track yesterday.
X2 ya I'm with him. but you could always keep the savage for your basher because it is the best, and use your truggy just for racing that will keep it from getting tore up @ home!! then when some one says something smart about any savage you can get yours out and whip they @@$$#%$##@ ..lol

not having someone to bash with sucks!! I know cuz i just moved to socal and don't know anyone in the area who is into rc< its driving me nuts!!! keep the faith though, bashing a savage alone is better than no bashing at all.

Why would you be a traitor? My goal is to own all RC. :)

Maybe I wouldn't feel so bad if I were to buy the d8t.

Okay, Sorry guys lesson learned don't drink and post. Thanks.:bozzy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my 2 cents keep the savage and bash it when you wanna bash even you become a racer you will still wanna go out and just beat it to hell.

I think the d8t would be the way to go for a truggy anyway its almost half the cost of a mugen, losi, ae, etc.. for what you will put into your d8t to get a race truggy the cost will be just over what you would pay for a mugen, losi, ae roller. And the d8t's can compete thats for sure.

I just got myself a nitro RS4 3 Evo+ for do some local racing. . . so far I'm glad I split up my money instead of dumping more into the savage.

I just got myself a nitro RS4 3 Evo+ for do some local racing. . . so far I'm glad I split up my money instead of dumping more into the savage.

I've been thinking about picking one of those up. (I'd be my first on-road)
How do you like it? Can it use the same lids as the Sprint 2? Got any pics?

I've been thinking about picking one of those up. (I'd be my first on-road)
How do you like it? Can it use the same lids as the Sprint 2? Got any pics?

So we don't hijack this thread, I made a new thread about it: Javages' RS4

Also, its a 200mm- Sprint 2 is 190mm, but I'm sure with the right offset wheels it will work. . .?

I gave up racing my MT, and yes I did a bad thing, I switched to SC. I mainly just use my Sav as a backyard basher now, a ton cheaper for me.

LiPo has won me over.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back