wheely king

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X25

it's all good
is the hpi wheely king a good starter truck to get into crawling. please help i want to start somewear, but before i jump in and spend big bucks i want to make sure it is something i like

Well the wheely king COULD be a good cralwer but its only 2 wheel drive ( i think ) and its made for wheelies.....you wold have to do some modding to it.

i have been told the 4-wheel mod is simple on the truck and letting the rear susp move more is easy as well

I don't know just going by what i have read. Look around and see if other people make them into a crawler.

i have been told the 4-wheel mod is simple on the truck and letting the rear susp move more is easy as well

I was told the same thing, very simple to make it 4wd. It looks like it would make a great 1/10 scale crawler with a few mods.

it wouldnt make a good crawler being as stock it is 2wd plus you would need to extend the chassis to get any decent articulation then extend the driveshafts lock the center diff and the axles and being as no one sells any conversions you would have to hand make everything

well you could get a tlt but there quite hard to find now as they are discontinued then theres the txt-1 which is a bigger tlt that could crawl alright standard you would need to lock all 3 diffs and its 4wd then theres the clod which to crawl well needs a new chassis

thanks for all the help! JT is their a link as to wear i could buy the ax10 or atleast get a price

go with a wheely king 4x4, reefshark, there is no center diff in a wheely king. take the differentials appart, jb weld it and 4 link it. move the battery to the front... its not that hard, or expensive. you don't have to extend the chassis, just make some nice links and extend the wheel base. use traxxas sliders for the drive shafts. id say 50 or 60 dollars TOPS to make the WK a nice crawler.

Latest posts

Members online

Back