Wheely bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grtrnd1

I've run about 10 tanks of fuel through my Savage X, and I have the back of my body just destroyed. It does a wheely and the grass and dirt catches the tailgate of the body and just pulls the heck out of it. I was looking into a wheely bar. (It's cheaper than a new body) Anyone recomend a good wheely bar. I use the truck mainly for jumping, and hillclimbing. I don't want something thats not going to take a beating. I also need it to work with my Roto Start II system. Thanks, Great site.

Might be just fine with a hpi one. The one that I made (I ripped of crash's idea) broke after landing on it twice. But I did use the adjustable arms. This time around I'm using the extra arms that come with the rpm kits.

There are photos under crash's name in the photo gallery.

I have had the hpi one and have had it forever! it can take a beating, and it works great.

I'm using the spurrs wheelie bar its adjustable so you can ride wheelies at different hights or flip it around and its a drag bar which stops the front wheels from lifting which is for great hole shots!! its really sturdy and has a cool look to it!! but no its not indestructable if your into launching your savage 10 feet in the air then maybe it wouldnt be right for you but as far as what its made to do its awsome i was just out testing it and managed like a 100 ft wheelie and i've never rode one like that before!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
the ebay store that build and sells the spurrs wheelie bar is MDF RC WHEELIE BARS and he's a great guy to deal with as well

I finally took a few pics of it.

p3070383uh1.jpg

p3070382fw8.jpg

I used a 1/8" rod to make the axle, and used two rubber airplane wheels.
To hold them on, I used dura collars with set screws, and fuel tubing to space the arms apart.

To attach to the truck I found two holes and drilled them out slightly larger, and used a shock shaft as a hingepin. The shaft stays there by friction, and the arms are separated by fuel line.

I have learned that the adjustable arms snap, so I've decided to try rpm arms.

Thanks. Nice job stevrock. I got to get something. My back half of my body is tore darn near in two. I will try the HPI one first and go from there. thanks again. Cool site.

I use the HPI, nice that it has two different wheel sizes and it is inexpensive.

The HPI one works great and lasts a long time. I had to bash realy hard a few times to crack mine. And yes I got another, great investment.
Do not get the GPM one. Its crap and will bend on the first bad landing.

I purchased the HPI wheely bar, and so far holding up great. It went on easily, and so far no problems. Thanks for the info.

I took mine off an old tamaya wild whilly, used a piece 1/16in. aluminum and drilled holes that fit to the wheelie bar. Then bolted it to where the "X" looking thing is on the rear skid plate.

Members online

No members online now.
Back