wheelies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

measy116

help,

i want more low end power, how do i get? i want to pop more wheelies

What do you have, if it's a 4.6 or 5.9 you should be able to pull wheelies like crazy. I actually had to lower the truck and lower the tuning on the low end to help keep it on the ground. Check to make sure you low end is tuned correctly, pinch the fuel line one inch from the carb, you truck should idle up then die in 3-5 seconds. If you do this test and it dies right away and doesnt idle up you are to lean and should richen the low end. If you do this test and you run longer then 3-5 seconds then idle up and die, you are to rich and you should lean your low end mixture. If you notice you are in the right area for the low end I would try to get a ribbed pipe from HPI, this is a low end pipe and should be able to help you get the front end up.

well, it was popping before i broke the engine mount and replaced it with a new one. could the mesh be the problem? ive tuned it from the stock setting up until it was too lean and had to dial it down.

Is the slipper slipping? try tightening it all the way and see if that helps. As for the mesh, you want there to be as little play as possible but still have the spur gear spin freely. I like to push the gears all the way together and just back them off a hair at a time till the spur with the clutch bell and it doesnt make the ticking sound anymore of the gears hitting eachother. After you tighten the engine mount back down check it again to see if the mesh is still good.
If thats not it you might need to look at the clutch shoes and make sure they arent worn out and resurface the inside of the clutch bell to remove and glazed pad from the inside of it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back