wheelies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

trebreeden

hi everyone i have a savage x 4.6 with a axial .28rr engine in it i wanna know if theres any upgrades for the truck because i want it to do wheelies on demand?

well a good set of alum clutch shoes with a 1.0 spring or more would definately help and what gearing are you going to run with it?i myself am running max life shoes with mugen 1.0 springs on my picco and it launches real nice even with 47-18 gearing other then that if its tuned right it should wheelie and i noticed this was only your second post so WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! you should post a hello in the "new members" section so everyone gets a chance to welcome you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh ok thank you so that will improve wheeling but i jus put a 3 speed in my savage hoping it will wheely and a turbo button head

ya the stiffer clutch springs make it so that the clutch engages at a higher rpm which makes it wheelie much easier

Last edited by a moderator:
to be honest idk what clutchbell & spur gear combo I'm runnig bought it used like a month ago so how much the shoes cost?

to be honest idk what clutchbell & spur gear combo I'm runnig bought it used like a month ago so how much the shoes cost?

ok, count the number of teeth on both and post back. you want to make sure your gearing is in the ball park to achieve your goals. if its geared too high, changing the shoes and springs might not solve the problem.

yep i agree thats were i was aiming as well fred when i asked cuz if its geared more for speed its going to be harder to get it to wheelie no matter what you do....

i will let you know cause my car is in the shop at the time

also i have another question about my savge it sits up realhigh i wanna lower it but i don't hhave alot of money to drop on the a arms and stuff

is there little shock spacers on all the shocks?"plastic c shaped spacer at the top of the spring" if so take them off and it will sit alot lower!! and what colour are the shock springs on your truck? as there is different colours for different stiffness.....

ok there the stock ones which should be ok then so is there spacers on your shocks that are pushing the springs down?

i bought a set of the savage flux shocks "plastic big bores" for my savage x and my truck sits nice and low now......

will itscrap the ground if i jumpand stuff whats the link

you helped me ALOT i got tired of runing and getting it wen it flips over from a sharp turn

ya there pretty tippy, another thing that helps which i have done also is buying a set of offset rims which widens the stance of your truck giving it much better handling and less tip overs

Kan you give me the link for offset tires

What are mt tires sorry for all the questions

monster truck tires "mt is the standard size tire and rim" and don't feel bad about asking questions here thats how we all learned at one time or another ha ha

lol might gotta wait on tires but i def getting the shocks, and stuff

lol might gotta wait on tires but i def getting the shocks, and stuff

ya man it was a while before my truck was how it sits now take your time and enjoy tinkering with it thats what there for,and once you get it lowered a bit it will be alot more stable which equals more fun lol

are you sure the shocks will work on my car

yes i have them on my savage x to!! lol just mount all 4 on the outside mounting point on the a- arms and all works awsome..

Latest posts

Members online

Back