wheelies but no shift

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windjammr

Hey guys
Its running like a bear,front wheels off the ground fast but wont shift i,ve turned the set screw 4 times 90 degrees counter clockwise still no shift.Before i take it apart any ideas? It use to shift good.

I guess you have tried accelerating slowly...

I find it's impossible to hear my savage shift if I go full throttle... :p

Could be dirt inside the transmission.

Have you tried cleaning it ?

hey santa
Yes i tried the slo thing to no avail.If i,m going to open the tranny up is there any maintainence or gears i should replace while i have it open.

i find that if its a little cool out then i have to wait awhile for it to warm up then it shifts just fine.

I've driven my truck in -4 Fahrenheit and less, several times, and it was still shifting perfectly.

But I Could have been lucky.

hey santa
Yes i tried the slo thing to no avail.If i,m going to open the tranny up is there any maintainence or gears i should replace while i have it open.

There are a few bearings there you might consider changing, but I'm not that into Transmissions.

Also, clean with alcohol, but do not lubricate in any way. NO OIL !

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2 speed is set with the adjustment screw 2 1/2 turns from closed
if that helps.

well i took it apart ,cleaned it,figured out my set screw prob,lookslike some one had used the wrong set screw to turn and backed it out so much the set screw was hanging up.Snoop thanks i,ll use that as a base point to start with, i was just gonna wing it.Thanks for all the info.

Hey guys i fixed it,its shifing like a new truck,while i had it apart i did a few things like the throttle mod.I also lost two servo savers in the steering bell crank an i didnt have another and i didnt want to wait so i made my own an i have to say i did my self proud it turned out very smooth.

Members online

No members online now.
Back