wheelie bars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun

i was on ebay the other day and found these wheelie bars, since then i've done some research on them and they sound like a great wheelie bar as they can be adjusted to just be a drag bar "which just lets the front tires come up a bit for great launches" and it can be a wheelie bar as wellView attachment 1296

there website is mdfrcwheeliebars.com!! they explain the wheelie bar better then i can!! lol and i've since spoke to them and they returned my email quickly and are very nice to deal with so i thought i would share!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't speak from personal experience, but from what I know, those break on a hard landing. The only one worth getting is the one from HPI.

I can't speak from personal experience, but from what I know, those break on a hard landing. The only one worth getting is the one from HPI.

ive heard the same thing but the hpi really doesnt help all that much for going over backwards.I was thinking of getting a new pipe and or mill but i just got a gallon of byrons gen 2 arce fuel 30% now i cant keep the thing on its wheels i might try that wheely bar.:resp:

I to have heard they bend and brake but if its for a racer or something it may be worth while. I wish someone would just come up with one that would hold up and be lower than the HPI one, maybe something like the devil (T-Maxx) one which is somewhat adjustable and fairly durable

I have alot less issues with being on the lid now that both of my trucks are extended.

I to have heard they bend and brake but if its for a racer or something it may be worth while. I wish someone would just come up with one that would hold up and be lower than the HPI one, maybe something like the devil (T-Maxx) one which is somewhat adjustable and fairly durable

I have alot less issues with being on the lid now that both of my trucks are extended.

Ive been thinking of getting extended tvps aswell i think they would probably help the most

Yes they will. I absolutly love them. They give much better stability and control. You will gain in turn radious but this can be fixed with the link in my Signature on how to get a tighter turn radious. I think my trucks both turn with in a 4' diameter if your not halling the mail, so tighter than stock. I love them on my basher because I love climbing sand, dirt, gravel, rock piles and the extended is night and day difference for that as it keeps the front down much better instead of flipping over and all the way down the hill.

Yes they will. I absolutly love them. They give much better stability and control. You will gain in turn radious but this can be fixed with the link in my Signature on how to get a tighter turn radious. I think my trucks both turn with in a 4' diameter if your not halling the mail, so tighter than stock. I love them on my basher because I love climbing sand, dirt, gravel, rock piles and the extended is night and day difference for that as it keeps the front down much better instead of flipping over and all the way down the hill.

ya was watching videos last night of guys hillclimbing in gravel pit in kelowna and theres no way i could do it without the extended tvps I'm sold they are on the ever growing list thanks :resp: :resp:

For a wheely bar to withstand some of the bashing I have seen in videos on this forum, it would have to be made out of Titanium Alloy or Carbon Steel lol.. :hardlaugh:

*ahem* I sincerely beg to differ :resp:

Project4.jpg

Yes Nitroaddict I had that wheelie bar I loved it for drag raceing and field running but if you do alot of bashing it will tear the back of your truck apart bulkhead,bumper,etc

ok thanks for the info!! i guess other then komo's lol the hpi is still the best!! lol

I can definitly agree, that wheely bar is for drag racing and that is about it. I jumped one time and landed alittle too nose up and crushed that wheely bar. It is now twisted to one side really bad lol Guess I will give the HPI one try, that is unless k0m0d067 plans on marketing his.

I can definitly agree, that wheely bar is for drag racing and that is about it. I jumped one time and landed alittle too nose up and crushed that wheely bar. It is now twisted to one side really bad lol Guess I will give the HPI one try, that is unless k0m0d067 plans on marketing his.

LOL!! well, the problem with my set-up is that the shock mounts to one of the wing-mount cross members...I could make them, but I'd have to come up with a different mount for the shock...unless people wanted to pay for the wing and mount, and mount brackets, etc...

if there was enough interest, I'm sure I could make a few people some of them...I know SJ was interested in one awhile back...

Members online

Back