Wheel adapters - Baja rims on a Savage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMTech-RC

Has anyone seen any adpaters that I could put Baja rims and tires on a Savage? I have anew project and want to sue the new tires for the Baja.

That sounds really cool... I'd like to see the results of that one, USAB.

Keep us posted..OK?
and if I haven't already said it,... WELCOME TO THE FORUM, USABaja5.

haha Doob, we said hello to him as this username 2 years ago.....He's actually been on our forum for close to 7 years. Yeah Rob, keep us posted!

The fact he's a mod caught my eye. What sort of hub do the baja wheels use?

Well... TIE MY FACE TO A SIDE OF A PIG AND ROLL ME IN THE MUD!!!!....... I thought he's one a them thar "new mod recrutes." Spank me biffore ya yank me......Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...lol

Anywho....WAZZUPP, Baja?... Nice to meet ya, bud... Sorry about the un-informed welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol. Hes been here for a long time, he makes parts for savage and the baja if i remember correctly.

Keep us posted!

OK, Guys.. WHEEL HEX ADAPTERS!!! The man is looking for WHEEL HEX ADAPTERS FOR A SAVAGE THAT WILL FIT B5 WHEELS... Have you seen any WHEEL HEX ADAPTERS of this sort?...lol

DOOB I think he is meaning that is his new project is to make a set, I am not sure.

I'm confused anyways but I think that is what he means, I might be thinking of someone else that makes baja 5b parts

I was looking for them, now I made them myself.

Coming to a town near you, The Chrominator:

Sav1.JPG

Sav2.JPG

I still need to figure out how to convert the Nirto to Electric, if Kershaw Designs ever responds to any e-mails. It'll be close.

Kershaw never responded, even after I paid, so I am switching to an E-Savage. I'll post pics this weekend of that build.

Don't do it. Talk to mike at rc-monster.com he should be able to make you a mount. He is busy though but does respond to e-mails. Kershaw was responding to my e-mails really fast and then all of a sudden stopped. I don't know what happened. Mike e-mailed me and said he was making a centre diff conversion for a savage at the moment. depending on cost I am considering asking him if he can make me one. Otherwise I may go with a more standard mount but mike can make both.

Ow and that thing is nice. Those pictures don't do it justice. I love the wheels too. And the chrome piece on the bonnet. NICE.

Kershaw finally responded. Said he could make them over the weekend. Too late for this event, but maybe next year. I'll talk to rc-monster.com Thanks for the tip.

Just for clarification I meant don't swap to an e-savage. Something I saw recently was a chassis that flm makes that combines the front and rear of a nitro chassis with the centre gear box of an e-savage. A Kershaw motor mount should be good though. Have a look in the savage forum section on rc-monster to see some of the more radical savage conversions. Serum's picasa gallery is also really nice too.

I was looking for them, now I made them myself.

Coming to a town near you, The Chrominator:

Sav1.JPG

Sav2.JPG

I still need to figure out how to convert the Nirto to Electric, if Kershaw Designs ever responds to any e-mails. It'll be close.

Kershaw never responded, even after I paid, so I am switching to an E-Savage. I'll post pics this weekend of that build.

wow thats sweet!!!!!!!!

Kershaw finally responded. Said he could make them over the weekend. Too late for this event, but maybe next year. I'll talk to rc-monster.com Thanks for the tip.

I want a set of these adapters now. I want to run the baja badlands on my electric savage. Does any one now if there is a company making them yet? I have no idea what needs to be done to make a set.

I just started making adapters for other largescale trucks. Once they are ready, I can modify some for the Savage. I just bought a CNC milling machine for the garage, so I can fool around with small quantities now.

I just started making adapters for other largescale trucks. Once they are ready, I can modify some for the Savage. I just bought a CNC milling machine for the garage, so I can fool around with small quantities now.

Sweet. If you do make a set for the savage let me know (or another set).

http://picasaweb.google.com/MTBikerTim/BrushlessSavage/photo#5173458847252957250
As you can see the standard savage size wheel on the extended FLM electric savage chassis doesn't look right. I was looking at 40 series but I think I like the Baja beadlocks and tires better. Taller wheels will allow me to drop the suspension too without loosing ground clearance yet still lowering CG.

Last edited by a moderator:
seen them!!! it was a savage at the world finals that RC Driver magazine had did....check this out!!!

Picture205.jpg

Picture206.jpg

Picture210.jpg

Picture224.jpg

wassup soulj55... i was just about to post some of my pictures of that truck to let everyone see them and you beat me to them. i work up their at debbies rc world and I'm seeing what i can come up with.

Members online

No members online now.
Back