What's your favorite Savage mod?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AoD

Well, since I'm going to run the midtank mod, I figured I'd do some other extra work to the thing while it was apart. I got the steering bearing mod, then went ahead and replaced the bushings in the steering rod as well. I also ended up changing out a couple things here and there.

But, I figured I'd add this thread to get a good list of favorite mods going.

My favorite so far has to be this steering bearing mod. It turned my choppy and ever so sloppy turning savage into a precise turning machine. I mean, it's cheap as heck, and does such a good job. It's prolly the best mod I've ever done to an RC. I never would have believed the difference until I did it though.

Luckily, my local bike shop, where I was grabbing a set of handgrips for the KFX400 had a set of APC dual seal bearings in that size. They are actually for a twist throttle on a dirt bike, but hey, they worked! :)

My favorite addition (not really a mod) is my IRC TVP's.
My mods are my latest roll bar mod and my front lower a-arm pin mod for an X.
I put some threads on end of them and put a small washer and a 3mm nut on end so when I hit something the pin wont go though and get jammed on steering.

Dave

Even after all the work I've done to my Savage so far, my favorite mod is a toss-up between three of the simplest, cheapest ones...

-"Ofna" throttle mod-Cheap and easy, this fixes one of the truck's biggest design flaws.

-Center skid plate, particularly the RPM one if you have stock TVPs-This should be a factory-installed part. It saves your brake discs from damage, and keeps the whole underside cleaner.

-Silicone exhaust stinger-It keeps the truck MUCH cleaner for a few bucks. What else needs to be said?

I would have to say the TVPs that I made myself out of diamond plate. Extended 1" in the rear and about the same in the front. I've almost got a 16" front-rear center wheelbase. My second fav. would have to be the 290cc mid-tank mod. Then third, the Cen diff upgrade.

mine would be everything ive done to it. but if i had to pick one, it would be the FLM stuff cus it makes it more stable in the air, then the Goliath tires.

Is a fail safe considered a mod? Even so...I enjoy my truck much more now that it is installed...

I know I was only playing too. For the nitro savage my favorite mod is the mid tank for sure. Solved my tuning problems (or maybe that was the new engine) and my broken tanks. 250cc gives incredible run times too. I don't fill my tank up most of the time as it will run for too long if I do.

I know I was only playing too. For the nitro savage my favorite mod is the mid tank for sure. Solved my tuning problems (or maybe that was the new engine) and my broken tanks. 250cc gives incredible run times too. I don't fill my tank up most of the time as it will run for too long if I do.

I know what you mean. I'm usin the XTM 290cc and it lasts a loooong time. I can only get two 1/2 tank fulls before I have to refill my filler bottle.

Wow, some nice mods listed here you guys! :) I'll definetly look into the Ofna Throttle mod too! Anyone have a "round about" price, and somewhere to get it?

Nice, I didn't search the right way for that then crash. But either way, that's a good list of mods we got. I just completed the midtank, next I'm probably going to work on making an ofna mod, but only with my own ideas. Then, next step will probably be TVP's, but maybe the big bore shocks, if HPI ever actually releases them. Thanks everyone for the good information, especially you crash :)

I guess I would have to say the mid tank mod because it includes a throttle mod too and those are the top 2 in my book.

Steering bearing mod FTW

HA HA ^^^ I ripped it out.... It has a alloy GH bellcrank now. I don't like plastic steering parts...:slapped:

My #1 Is Larsons 250 OFNA mid tank mod. 20 mins on a solid tune is the best!

am i allowed to change my answer? i like these nubz i got from chrisw. they hook up on EVERYTHING! i can pull wheelies on sand! after that, its the mid tank mod.

Heck, why don't we just strap the entire gallon jug on it? :) That'd be like 3 hours of runtime! LOL! Sweet answers however. And Dread, as for the nubz, you like them eh? My friend Dale was looking into getting a set of them, they gonna last through the weather?

they wear out kind of fast, but i do a bi of concrete driving as well. i just got back in from running it, and its slipper is a bit loose (didnt have a wrench to tighten it) but those tires are amazing. I'm getting 2 sets of the hpi tires from doesgo, and ill let you know how those run.

I would have to say putting on Maximizer 1/2 offset beadlocks and Losi Zombie's made the most dramatic improvement of all the mods I've done.

The stock tires are garbage. They folded in half on turns, ballooned like crazy and spun on every surface I ran on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back