What's the opinion of Savox Servo's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickmind

Hello all,

Some quick background first, I'm going to be purchasing a DX4R soon and there are packaged deals of ebay that package more Rx's and Servos with the radio (like this one). Anyways, I've only ever purchase Hitec or JR servos in the past. Just had been more reliable then most. Even though I have had issues with Hitec's as well. My question is I see that Savox have kept in it. I have seen their brand a number of years back.

So have we purchased any? What is our feelings about this? Any down side?

If you have to choose between a Savox 1258TG, Hitec 645MG, or Hitec 5645MG. What would you pick?

Thanks for the time and help,
Nick

@nickmind, Savox servo's are great servos and so are Hitec servos. The three you listed to compare do have their differences in torque and speed and of the ones you've listed the Savox 1258TG is nearly tied for being the strongest (the HS-5645MG is 2 oz/in stronger but more than twice as slow) and is the fastest servo of the three you listed.

I just ordered a Savox SW1210SG, specs are good on it at 277.7 oz-in of torque and a speed of .15, and it's waterproof out of the box. I'll be putting my Hitec645 on brake throttle duty

i just bought a HPI SF-50 servo, it was going cheap, seems powerful and fast enough for my use, time will tell, if it craps out then ill throw more money at a steering servo :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back