whats the difference-xss-x4.6??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big scott

hello all, i got a savage x but not sure witch one. is there a difference between the xss and the x4.6 other then the 4.6 is rtr. is the ss better?? if so how can i tell if i have the x?

thanks.

theres also a savage x rtr with the 4.1 engine which is what i have, there discontinued now but there's still some around..

hello.... the ss is a kit it come with the k4.6 engine witch is grey with purple heat sink.. the x rtr comes with the f4.6 nitro star engine.. its black with purple heat sink head.the xss is better in some ways .. mainly cause you have to put it together ..great for getting to know your truck and the parts.. but the x with the f 4.6 is a better truck imo... the engine is better and its the best truck in the savage family... just a beast right out of the box..hope this helps a bit.. happy bashn..

got some pics of your truck? SS comes with an aluminum tuned pipe, HD diff cups and dogbones, steel spur, but does not come with radio gear or servos. Post up a pic and someone should be able to tell you what kind you have.

Xss has better tires and no servos or radio gear, HD cups and dog bones but they are more brittle.hd spur vented bell also has stainless brakes that work sweet for about 20 stops then the pads rip off. I don't think the F is better then the K mill. They are both good sport motors.

Allan Q beat me to it

Latest posts

Members online

Back