Whats the best ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

I have 35 bucks and want to know what the best servo for 35 bucks SHIPPED ! would be (will be a steering servo) can some people give me a few links THANKS in advance .......

Thanks Steve.. just bought one for 33.64 is that a decent price ? shipped
Yes,... I would say so, SJ.

I paid list price at LHS which came out to about $46, if I remember correctly.

Good deal. I've had no issues with the 645MG. Very reliable.

Just remember to give a little bit of servo saver to protect it some.

I have another question ... will that servo accept the stock 25 tooth. servo horn ???

I'm not sure about that one, BUT....If you Bought the SS kit, there's a parts tree that has different sized servo arms that fit different brands of servo.

You can also use the servo disk that comes with servo.
OR... check HPI's site for the SS 4.6 parts section and locate the servo arm tree. Should be cheap. (I hope)

Hope that helped, SJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Also...Anyone thats got an SS kit that isn't using a hitec servo, should have the arm as a spare.
I have the hitec so my servo arm is in use.
The three main adaptations are: Hitec, Airtronics, and JR.

Well Got The Servo Installed Last Night (had To Modd The Steering Linkage A Little To Get The Steering To Work Right) .. Because Of The Flm Bulkhead..anyway I Want A Alloy Servo Horn Does Any One Have A Clue To What Tooth The Hi Tech Servo Horn Is. I Allredy Stripped Out One Horn And Want A Metal One .. Thanks For Any Help. I Tried Counting The Teeth But It Was A Pain ....

Thats wierd.... I'm running the 645MG with a servo arm from that same tree.
I had no issues. Might double check to bag for the propper fit.
Unless HPI has a different tree for the 4.6SS kit, THAT should have the propper servo arm tree.
You should have three or four different possible choices of arms to choose from.

i wrecked the teeth on a servo horn once by just putting it on without the teeth lining up perfectly. those teeth are weak so I just forced it on and basically made my own teeth lol. still works to this day, i just have the steering trim adjusted funny.

Yea I think it was a 23 tooth mabey a 24 tooth .. but none of them fit right from the get go

I'm not sure about the tooth count, but there are a couple choices for metal or alum. servo arms. great planes makes some that come with inserts for different brand servos. You should be able to get them at your lhs or I got mine off of tower hobbies. Just answers to your questions and hope they help.

I'm not sure about the tooth count, but there are a couple choices for metal or alum. servo arms. great planes makes some that come with inserts for different brand servos. You should be able to get them at your lhs or I got mine off of tower hobbies. Just answers to your questions and hope they help.

Thanks for the info bud

Latest posts

Members online

Back