what's the best thing to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooter4478

hi all. i'm a weekend basher and i want to improve the servo's on my rtr savage 4.6 x. i have upgradeed the truck with a 1600 hump pak and steering bushings. I'm' working with a budget and have seen many threads about putting in a ht 645mg in for the steering and swapping to sf-2 to the throttle.when i change the servos is it a good idea to change out the linkages also? will this be a good thing for just weekend bashing and save me some money in the long run? if anyone can help please reply. thanks again.

scooter4478

Last edited by a moderator:
Best thing to do for cheap is do what you said. It works great. The Ofna style linkage is a great deal and alows for much better/easier adjustment but isnt needed. I would recomend it however.

i most definately agree with larsenracing!! the servo swap is almost a must!! as far as the linkage mod i've heard its a good upgrade as well but not really needed so I'm just waiting till i have problems with the stock linkage then i'll upgrade, but i did install the hitec 645mg servo and moved the s2 to the throttle-brake and wow what a difference!! only problem i found was my steering was really touchy at first " i looked like a impaired driver" lol so i had to turn the little steering knob on my transmitter down a tad!! and for like $35 dollars you cant go wrong with the 645mg

Members online

Back