whats going on with my picco?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randysavagex

Ok as many of you know I am a weekend racer. I need some help I know what I'm doing this is not a tuning issue. Here's whats going on I got my picco .28 last week and started heat-cycling it. Everything was great fine and dandy then once it was broke in and I started slowly inching the hsn to lean I started getting rediculous numbers after turning it from slightly rich to 1 hour lean. example- numbers went from 215 to 270 and when I richen it back up 1 hour numbers stayed the same I changed the tank to an ofna 125. no help. Replaced the fuel line no help. I am running a o.s number8 glow plug and monster trinity 20%. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

if you got your picco last week I'm pretty sure its not broken in yet. I have the same mill and after talking to robin, purenitro, he told me that due to the material makeup of the piston being much harder than sport mills it take more than a gallon to break these mills in. when I got my picco a few weeks back I was having heavy temp spikes and even got a reading close to 400 yikes, ill just pray it was a misread. any how I purchased the nova cooling head and switched from trinity 20 to 25% and went to a medium plug. I have just a gallon into it now and its a chore to get it to 235. I think I remember bank saying in the shout one night that the piccos don't like os plugs. I used a mc59 plug for the first 3/4 gallon then switched to a turbo head with a medium plug. hope this helps you out a bit

try a mccoy #8 with byrons 30 there bone saw. like aj i broke in my picco with a mc 59 & switch to a mc 8 today & its a beast at 230 degrees, hefty smoke trail.

My picco at full tune runs 265 270 strong days of 230 are gone. It has 1.5 gals on it now and is not fully run in. still has mechanical pinch with plug out like you read about..

I have ran about 1 gallon threw it and its running strong plenty of blue smoke but just temps a lil high. (update) I switched to a picco glow plug (med) and to byrons 30% plus went back to stock tank and a lot of extra fuel line to defeat the mid tank lean on the stock tank and I'm steady running 235-242 I'm so happy thanks a lot guys. If there are any more tips or tricks please keep posting for people who have the same problem but our solution did not help them.

You might want to run a bead of sealant around the carb where the aluminum cap is moulded into the composite body, when they get heat soaked it is possible for them to leak at this spot.

Latest posts

Members online

Back