what will hpi do next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcnut14

I give bad advice
so, I've noticed a pattern with the savage x's. ever since they released it, they do something to it ever year. here's a timeline: 2009-2010; the hpi savage x was born. 2011; hpi began putting orange alum on the savage, along with big bore shocks, and the gt3 body. 2012; radio was upgraded to the tf-40. 2013; hpi released a new paint job for the savage. 2014; bulletproof diffs in the savage. so, my question is: what do u think hpi will to to the savage for 2015? new body paint? body style? some kind of modd? what do u guys think?

I've had my Savage X SS since 2007 and it was the model after the X.

With the release of the Octane I think they have done something new for the next couple years.... now time for hopups and such to start filtering down.....

u think that they will break their streak?

streak ? as in what, HPI imports much more than the savage you know, they are into 1/8 buggies, 1/10 onroad as well as offroad, short course, rally, large scale, 1/18 offerings too... hence the name Hobby Products International....
did you know prior to offering their own branded cars they were an importer of just RC support things....

yes, I know that they do more then the savage. but they've been doing something every year to the x for a couple years, just wanted to know what everybody thought that they will do next. u think that they won't do anything this year. ok, what does everybody else think?

Well I think they did already with the release of the Octane, they made the .21 Savage, then the upgraded .25 Savage, then came the X and X ss and the XL series, now the Octane, I don't know how much farther they plan to take the platform but I await like most all of us do......

u know that's not what I meant. I said, what will hpi do to the savage x, not the savage line. just because they released the octane, doesn't mean that they wont put a new body on it, for example. no trying to argue

Well the Savage X is just a part of the Savage line, so it is a platform vehicle, and people have been putting different bodies on them since the first iteration of it.... I just don't know how much more they can wring out of the platform.... time will tell I suppose....

With all the problems people have had with the Octane I think they will work out the bugs and release it as a new model Savage. Call it Savage XXL Octane for example. IMO.

Latest posts

Members online

Back