What Shocks???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex_hvn

luv RC but my wallet don't
hi guys

i got the savvy going i still haven't got the body painted but i went over to a mates place and i went to do a jump and i landed on the side and the suspension arm bent and the towers snapped.

i have been looking around and there are guys going to team losi aftershock shocks the big chuncky ones and they have to change the towers or something like that and some people are going for integy shocks so what is the difference.

i am looking at spending around $100 and is there any other setup someone is using that also works well

Thanx Razza

Hey, Rex_hvn.
First off, Here's the Integy shocks on my Savage.

Savage_with_MSR-6_s_03.jpg
Savage_with_MSR-6_s_01.jpg

They are mounted with an IRC mount kit for Lois shocks. $40 U.S.
The Integy Shocks are the beefiest shocks I've seen in a while.
They'er great for Bashing and house jumping. $119 U.S. -Ask Chunky Monkey about a member discount deal.

And here's the LST shocks on my LST.(first release)

OS_30_Dyna_28_installs_004.jpg
OS_30_Dyna_28_installs_002.jpg

The LST shocks or later versions of the shock ( Adjustable and Aftershock) will fit with the IRC kit, also. http://www.innovative-rc.com/index.php?cPath=21_24

The LST and Aftershock Shocks are more suited for racing.IMO - Don't know the price on the LOSI shocks but their alot cheapper than the Integy's.

You can use the Savage X shock towers on the Savage SS 4.6 with some minor modding. They are known to be stronger and resist bending compared to the Standard shock towers.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been useing the cen shocks they lowered my truck some what, till I got a set of nova tower's. ive crashed doing 30+ jumps have not damaged them yet. Had a few people tell me cen shocks are junk, but I don't think they have used them,very tuff shock. just another option. stock savage shocks are not to bad and cheap to replace off e bay.
anyways heres my setup. these where taken when it had stock towers..

newpicsjune06063small7gtx3.jpg

newpicsjune06072small1ael2.jpg

this is it with the nova tower's fliped the front shock to keepem off the truck bodyin a bad crash.

pics101017li7.jpg

pics101026xc8.jpg

yep I have countless supply of stock savage shocks ... very cheep and work good for what they are

yea thanx guys so wout is the difference between the cen and the integy so if the losi shocks are more for racing i wont bother but the integy and the cen shocks what prices are you looking at for the integy and the cen as well thanx guys for all the help

Thanx Razza

yep I have countless supply of stock savage shocks ... very cheep and work good for what they are
The stock shocks really are good for what they are...
and their alot more lite than most if not all the alternative shocks.

It would be nice if someone came up with a stronger shaft replacements
for the things.

I already know you can use motor oil for damping fluid.

View attachment 727 this is new era models losi shock conversion! i've done business with them a couple times and they have great products and service! but i haven't had a problem with the stockers! so as of yet i haven't done the conversion but will soon!

those big blue Integy shocks run around 100.00 for the set of four.
But I would look into the Stock Plastic Losi AFTERSHOCK shocks these are amazing shocks for what they are but not sure on the price sorry.

i did the lst shock conversion with thr irc kit,looked great but the thing weighed like 20 pounds,it was so heavy it slowed the truck down,went back to stock sold the lst,s and i,m lovin it.

hey guys i cant remenber who said it but they said it would be good if we were able to get some stronger suspension shafts and i have had a look around and i found some traxxas suspension shafts. they are titanium i still haven't got them i am working with what i have but they should fit into the savage and they are really cheap i cant remember the name i will put it up when i get them
thanx everyone

Latest posts

Members online

Back