what shock oil is everyone running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well for me on the stock shocks I used 20wt. but On my integy shocks I'm going to use 30wt. I did use straight 30 wt motor oil once in the stock savage shocks cuz I could not believe the price they wanted for this little tube of oil Silicone oil or not...we are being ripped off i think. but now I have sercomed to the shock oil perchase.........damb they got me.

40 Weight in the HPI Aluminum Thread Shocks work awesome, thats what I use.

Stealth Attack, are you running synthetic motor oil in your shocks?

I'm pretty sure that was what he meant when he said:

Ive been useing quaker state 4x4 senth. 30wt. in mine. It seems to hold up good and I haven't bent a shock rod since then.

I think he just abbreviated synthetic with a bad spelling (happens a lot around here).

Team Johnson and Johnson Baby Oil
Stock NVR Bends
Custom Piston Cup
2 Shock/Corner
Savage X

If you decide to change the oil in your stock shocks to a silicone type, be sure that you completely remove the stock oil. Be sure to get all the fluid and residue out (I like to use spray electronic cleaner), as the stock oil is not compatable with silicone.

If you mix the two, I guarantee it will give you fits!

-Moto

Moto, I did not know this. What does it do when mixxed? I actually did it and run my truck mixed but it doesnt have alot of time on it this way. I also purchesed the truck used so it could have been silicone in the first plate but anyhow what does it do?

It gets milky and white and changes viscocity. nasty stuff. Ewww

Yeah, Oregon is right - it kinda coagulates and I believe the white color is just aeriation (trapped micro bubbles) that it develops, and can't dissipate.

thank put i just finished the shocks and i dident clean them out put i guss its to late now and oil isent cheap so i will do it againe next weak
thanks for the info motopsycho

Latest posts

Members online

Back