what oil for nylon BB's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stigi23

Hi I'm considering buying the nylon BB's since one or two of my stock XL shocks have sprung leak. It's silicone oil you use for the shocks? How much do you use to fill the 4 big bores? more than 60g (2oz?). I wouldnt mind maybe doing the fuel tube mod and lowering it maybe abount 1inch? But then i would need harder shocks so it doesnt bottom out so easily?

Foto0150.jpg

the weight of the car is pretty much stock, only thing that isnt stock is the flux wheelie bar and cen genesis pipe. So its somewhere between 11.5lbs and 12lbs?

i think that 35 or 40 wt silicon oil will work well. i run 35 in my aluminum big bores an it handles pertty well. i haven't done the fuel tubing mod tho b/c the truck sits pretty low. you can take out the preload clips to lower its stance a little.
hope this helps a little
Derek
ps. i will post up a pic if you would like to see the stance that my truck has

sure, if you got a pic on hand and could upload it. Know i can take of the plastic clips to lower it a little. Still waiting for a new OWB for my tranny so i can drive my car again. How much oil do i need for 4 big bores? 35wt silicone oil should be good?

yepp :) and i used team associated 35 wt silicon oil and had some left over after all 4 shocks were filled. just remember to lube all the o rings before you fill them so your shocks wont leak. if you have any more questions just feel free to ask
Derek
P1010006.jpg

sweet car:) how big are the bottles with oil? i see 2oz 35wt from TA on ebay for like 7.33$ included shipping to norway. is that enough for the 4big bores? haven't changed/put oil in shocks yet since I'm very new to the hobby.

2 OZ and my mistake i have factory team silicon oil. And when you fill up the shocks twist the shock shaft once you have the fluid in there to insure that all the little air bubbles are out. let the shocks sit upright for a while and remove the caps and see if you need to add fluid.

Those are knock offs, but if i recall correctly someone here on the forum purchased them and said that their quality was pretty good, might want to try and search the forum to see his review of them. I run 2 sets of the Flux big bores on 2 of my trucks and have had no issues with them, this is one of my trucks, it has a 1/4 inch piece of tubing in each to lower the stance and i run 45wt in them..

16.JPG

YO YO YO! i bought some cheap knock offs... my review of them is in the review section... I have a little to say about them...

I have used the a few times now... I knew that the shafts didnt look great... so i knew there was a possibilty of bending them.

I immidiately lowered them using the fuel shock mod. And since then they have help up nicely. I have stock plastic BB aswell and they perform just aswell.

One thing I'm going to do next when changing the oil, is change the shafts to shorter hellfire shock shafts.

YO YO YO! i bought some cheap knock offs... my review of them is in the review section... I have a little to say about them...

I have used the a few times now... I knew that the shafts didnt look great... so i knew there was a possibilty of bending them.

I immidiately lowered them using the fuel shock mod. And since then they have help up nicely. I have stock plastic BB aswell and they perform just aswell.

One thing I'm going to do next when changing the oil, is change the shafts to shorter hellfire shock shafts.

alright:) since I'm relatively new to the hobby i haven't build up the confidence to jump yet:p so i will mainly just play wherever i find it that day and not do any jumping now in the beginning. Are they good enough for just playing around onroad and offroad, no jumping. I will be running 35wt in them.

They are great for just on and off road bashing, but i can see the shocks holding up in jumping. But when they do bend, thats just an excuse to upgrade them... Either with the hellfire shortened shafts or the regular titanium shafts which are in the Genuine Alu BB.
I don't see any performance difference from my Plastic BB... Just depends on what oil you run. I used green slime to prevent any leaks. Works very well

guess ill try the knock off BBs. they will cost me 50$ on ebay. the hpi nylon BBs 70$ on ebay.
In norway i found the hpi nylon big bores for 95$ dollar:/ and the alluminum BBs from 135$ to 150$..

guess ill try the knock off BBs. they will cost me 50$ on ebay. the hpi nylon BBs 70$ on ebay.
In norway i found the hpi nylon big bores for 95$ dollar:/ and the alluminum BBs from 135$ to 150$..

The last set of Flux BB's i purchased cost me 32$ shipped for all 4 off of ebay, sometimes you can get them at good prices if you look for the "auction" ones, not the buy it now, but i have seen them as low as 18$ for 2 on a buy it now. I'm sure you wont have any issues with these knock offs, like J1A1H stated, might want to look into better shafts, I have bashed the crap out of the nylon BB's and have had no issues with them, there is a jump on the back side straight at my LHS that you easily get 15+ foot of air off of and sometimes there have been bad landings, ive snapped dogbones and broke axels, but the BB's have held up without a scratch.. :)

i looked on some auctions on the nylon BBs on Ebay but now ofc i cant find any there. Two of my stock shocks is leaking a little, its wet on the bottom of the shafts on them. Are they fixable or should they just go in the trash right away when they start leaking?

it may be the o rings. you can take them apart and go to your local auto parts store and match up one if you don't have any on hand.

apply some green slime to the new o rings and that will prevent leakages

pff now i have to buy new shocks. was driving with a friend, did a wot on and started breaking, as i was breaking it started going off the road, drove over a something and started to roll like mad and ofcourse hit the one and only roadsign by the road and broke one of the shocks, so now knock off BBs is being bought and maybe buy the nylon BBs while I'm at it. don't see any other damage to the car.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back