whats stronger X or old style 21,25, ss A-arms

• savage X a-arms

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • 21,25,ss a-arms

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mnsavageman

ok i have 2 light bashes on my x ss and broke the lower A-arm on the first of the two.so i was just wondering if the 21,25,ss arms are stronger than the X arms. i know RPM may be stronger but I'm CHEAP (aka got the wife to explain to) so thats not gonna fly right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the SS and the X are the same arms are they not? Not sure but I do know the X RTR arms are pretty tough. I hit many a tree when I first got her and they never broke, just got a little streched where the pin is.

X arms

Last edited by a moderator:
they are not the same

part#85047 (Contains two lower and two upper arms for the HPI Savage 21, 25, and SS, and will also fit the Savage X)

part#85238 (This set includes two lower and two upper arms for the HPI Savage X. These arms have been lightened in comparison to the older Savage arms, but they're still super tough! They're also interchangeable with earlier Savage arms if you're looking to shave precious weight from your truck)

Learn something new everyday. Now everyone's gonna know I'm full of it! :duh: Thanks for the lesson in control arms MN. I can tell you the newer style will take some abuse and hold up pretty good.

i have never broke a arm on my 25 yet and they have takin some hard hits

ya i've found that the savage x's a arms may be a bit lighter but there just as durable in my opinion!!

i have the x arms, and i smacked a transfer case on the left front side, at about half to 3/4 throttle, and didnt even bend the pins. my buddy hits my dually tire at less than half throttle, and broke both arms, and stripped the spur gear, but that was on a duratrax warhead evo.

ok i have 2 light bashes on my x ss and broke the lower A-arm on the first of the two.so i was just wondering if the 21,25,ss arms are stronger than the X arms. i know RPM may be stronger but I'm CHEAP (aka got the wife to explain to) so thats not gonna fly right now.

I'd say if you broke a savage A arm on a light bash it was already damaged or had a manufacturing fault in it.

well it was like 25 degrees out and i came off a 4ft jump and landed kinda hard on one wheel. it broke around the inner pin:duh:

the only stock arms i have ever broken on my savage are the xss uppers(adjustable) style.... 3 of em so far so now i only run those on the front and put the regular ones on the rear

Well for some reason I cant vote but the old style are stronger and heavier IMO. If you look at the two side by each you can see the different webbing on the older style. I run those in front of my X because of that. The only thing is that the way the shocks connect is different. Seems better to me on the X design-it kind of sandwich's them and the older style doesn't.
Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back