What kinda servo can i use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brayen

Hey guys,

I have a savage 25.
I am pretty new to the hobby.
My standard servos are bad, and wonna buy other ones
What kinda servo can i use, all kinda servo or do i need one from hpi

Sorry for my english, i am dutch ;)

Thx guys,

Any kind of standard sized servo really. If your using alkaline AA's, then you have to stay pretty low on torque as AA's can't supply the current needed for many of today's higher end servos. If your running a NiMH 2/3A hump pack, then you can probably get away with something that pulls less than 6A.

I only buy waterproof ones anymore. For t/b, something with more than 150oz/in and faster than .15sec @6V and for steering, something with closer to 200oz/in or more and also faster than .15sec @6V. A NiMH hump pack puts out 6V, so that's kind of what your looking for.

A lot of guys run these cheap servos in the arrma forum:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GH3PDLR

Not the fastest, but should be plenty of power without pulling too many amps.

I've run these and they aren't bad:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079HZL171

A little on the slow side, but not awful. I ran one in my brushless revo for steering for quite a while with 3.8" trenchers on it. It did fine.

banggood has some really good standard size servos for good prices... should use around a 35kg servo for steering

banggood has some really good standard size servos for good prices... should use around a 35kg servo for steering
Don't really need that much... not sure you could drive a servo that was quick enough with that much torque off a NiMH hump pack for very long.
35kg/cm is 486oz/in. 250oz/in-300oz/in (18kg/cm-21kg/cm) would likely be plenty for a savage.

Don't really need that much... not sure you could drive a servo that was quick enough with that much torque off a NiMH hump pack for very long.
35kg/cm is 486oz/in. 250oz/in-300oz/in (18kg/cm-21kg/cm) would likely be plenty for a savage.
yes u can. you get more power out of a hump pack then the bec in an esc. a 1200mah hump pack would last all day.
i have this servo and its great!
https://www.banggood.com/SPT-Servo-...-p-1577509.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

these are also really good
https://www.banggood.com/JX-Ecoboos...s=detail-left-hotproducts__6&cur_warehouse=CN

i fly planes and i run most of them off a 600mah nicad and they have 4 big servos in them and i can fly all day on one charge

I just knew from testing them on my bench that the 1600mah NiMH 2/3A hump pack didn't seem to do that well with servo's like my savox 1210sg. Would cause the receiver to brown out if you moved it too fast.

That SPT appears to be listed to pull 1.4A. I wonder what the JX one uses.

The savox 1210sg pulls 6A @6V. It's a 20kg/.15sec @6V servo.

I run a savox 0231 and hitec 985MG in one of my revo's on a similar 1600mah 6V NiMH flat pack. Fully charged I can get 2-3 hours or so of bashing out of it before the pack dumps. Surprised you can go all day on a 600mah pack.

maybe your battery is no good anymore or not fully charged and you should put it on a good charger and cycle it 10 times to refresh the battery. over time if all u do is charge the NiMH and nicad batterys they don't actually fully charge and they need a good deep cycle to get them back to peak charge.

this old hpi 12000 battery that I'm using after sitting for 3 years only would charge 200mah and wouldnt last so i cycled it 10 times and now it charges back up to around 1100mah almost its original peak. you can do that same thing with the dubro nicad glow igniters when they don't work so well anymore, as they develop a memory. i do this with all my batterys and igniters for my planes as those must have a proper charge so i don't lose a plane lol

I'm using that 35kg blue servo from banggood on an old HPI 1200mah NiMH battery with a spektrum radio setup and never had a single issue.

E105954E-A7FD-43E2-BA1F-95723F270DDC.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back