what kind of fuel to use???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swilsman

i just bought a new savage and haven't broken it in yet. what % and brand of fuel should i use?? i have a traxxas revo and run top fuel in that. what should i run in the savage?

Last edited by a moderator:
Break it in with whatever fuel you plan on running, % wise.....I've always used 20% powermaster personally, just because that's the first fuel I see when I walk into my LHS.

i use back yard basher 20%nitro 16% oil. like CM said what ever you plane on running all the time break it in with that. everyone has their own fuel that they like to run.

Like Cm said - try one until you find one you like. Me it's Science Rocket fuel. Made here is TX right down the road. It's as fresh as it can get. 30% for me. May try 40% some day.

]-[0pa]0ng;18868 said:
May try 40% some day.
Seems a little risky with that shiny new STS .30 eh? I use Trinity Monster Horsepower 20%. Everyone runs something different so I say just experiment with different brands, nitro content, oil content, etc.

I used to run Blue Thunder and it sucked, my stock motor runs like $h!t with it and I am using Trinity Monster Horsepower %30 in my STS .28

I have used trinity also 20% my savys ran good on it. Ionly switched to the backyard basher for the extra oil content.

what type of fuel do you guys use???

haven't broke in my new savage- i'm not sure wich brand of fuel to use. any reccomendations??

Are you breaking in the stock F4.1? Trinity Monster Horsepower 20% and Sidewinder 20% are great. DO NOT USE BLUE THUNDER! IMO it is horrible fuel.

Science Rocket Fuel, Made here in TX just a county away. This fuel is primarly ran in TX for what ever reason. I run 30% clear fuel.

Here is the link for Science Rocket fuels, can't believe I found it

Science Rocket Fuels

If you all can link the brand you use from the Manufacture I think this would a more infulential thread.

Anyone ran Traxxas 33% in a Savvy X? Why would HPI say to only run 20% or 25%? My assumption is that it's to be safe? I have heard good things about Traxxas Fuel though.

does any one know what % oil is in the tornado fuel all i know it contains 20 % nitro

http://www.maxysfuel.com/online_store.php best racing fuel on the market, go to many sanctioned events you will either see this science or odonnel in the pits nothing else

maxy is my favorite fuel and for 25 a gal shipped for 30 its not too steep or for 20 its like 20 bucks a gallon shipped

you know this stuff is potent whent he fumes h it ur eyes you will see, defeniately the cleanest burning fuel i have used

has a lower content oil from what i remember so watch ur tune

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back