what kind of 2.4ghz radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking to get a new radio and receiver for my savage i would like a 2.4ghz so i don't have to have a huge antenna sticking out of the top of my truck and so i can run the truck with others and not have my truck go out of control. anyone give me a good suggestion for one that comes with a receiver and isnt too expensive preferably less than 150 if alittle over o well.

You can get the dx2.0 for around 100 good radio with two model memory or you can pick up spectrum's new dx2s. My buddy just got one and it's nice has 5 model memory and the telemetry and comes with a decent digital servo for 180.

I got my Futaba 3pm for around 130 bucks on ebay used

this thread has helped me to actually as this was my next upgrade.."I'm still using stock radio" duh!!!

tactic 2.4 system... same as the tower hobbies one. recievers are $21 and it hasn't given me any problems

i havnt used any other system other then Airtronics MX-3FG FHSS-2 2.4 GHz Radio w/3 Ch Receiver and its done great! i have no complaints whatsoever.

ya i've been looking at the tactic 2.4 myself and sounds like a heck of a deal at $85.00 and it doesnt look as complicated as some of the others which i like lol

The only problem is you don't get any of the other things that come along with a digital radio like end point adjustments, expo, subtrim, and all those other little set up things that make a world of diffrence. All you get is dual rate for the steering and trim for the t/b and steering same as the stock radio.

For the money you can get a used DX2.o or for a few dollars more get a new one.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...DX20-DSM-2CH-Radio-w-SR300-Reciever-No-Servos

Last edited by a moderator:
ya i've been looking at the tactic 2.4 myself and sounds like a heck of a deal at $85.00 and it doesnt look as complicated as some of the others which i like lol

The tactic radio has a 70/30 throttle/brake split you will have to get use to that i don't know why but i got one and its bugging me for some reason .

one thing about the tactic....they hit the right price for extra recievers....and by comparison pricewise (cost of recievers vs cost system) horizon SHOULD be able to give us a sub $30 2.4 reciever as well !!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back