What HPI Savage truck is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dheck88

Can anyone tell me what kind of savage this is, just bought it at a yard sale and will need new glow plugs.

15007461316071687288177.jpg

More pics

Attachments

• 20170722_142753.jpg
    20170722_142753.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20170722_142758.jpg
    20170722_142758.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 0
Nice deal bro! What is it doing when you try to start it. Set your idle gap at a credit cards width, high and low speed needles flush. Lean the lsn untill it can idle on it's own. Something could be messed up on it too your description is a little vague

Why cant i find a yard sale like that! I wouldn't been able to get the money out of my wallet fast enough!

Set carb back to factory settings and put a new glow plug in it to start off with.

Yep, that's a standard sized X like mine, but has the big bore shocks on it. Mine didn't come with the BP diffs, not sure what yours has. I bought mine used for $200 I think. Was nearly new looking when I got it, but the engine didn't run worth a hoot. I don't think it was broken in properly, or cared for properly.

Having issues starting now, replaced glow plug, gave good cleaning, new fuel, reset to factory settings, and new receiver. Any ideas?

High quality cells? Engergizer/duracell? Any other alkaline can't handle the current draw very well and goes from hot to warm in a matter of minutes.

I use a heater that takes an AA cell, but I use LSD 2200mah NiMH cell in it. It will get me through an engine break-in with plenty of time to spare. I used to use a sub-c NiMH, but the AA works well and rests in your pocket better.

Latest posts

Members online

Back