What Happened! I gave acceleration to my truck and it shut off!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonday1314

I have a Savage 25. Comes with the Nitro Star S-25 w/ roto start.
I was running my truck just running it back and forth. I gave it acceleration, and then i heard a wicked tiny "bop", It shut off. I went to take a look at it to see if there is a hole on the engine. Nothing, Then i looked at the fly wheel and spinned it. It spins freely, it barely stops. anyone know what it is? how do I take off the Clutch bell to take a look at it. Could it be the clutch pads? PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
first no cursing. 2nd pull the motor and then hold the cb and unscrew it from the fly wheel. if the flywheel turns free but is tight to the crank, pull the flywheel by first taking off the shoes then unscrewing the flywheel nut. then pull the back off the motor and see if you blew it up.

Edited your thread, I understand the frustration but please keep it clean. Flywheel spinning can be a couple things. the flywheel could have come off the collet, or possibly the collet broke. there could be internal damage like a broken crank, but lets hope it is not that. remove the engine and take the screw out of the CB. this could be difficult if the screw has a bunch of loctite in there. Once the screw is removed, the cb will come right off. You will be able to see if there is a problem with the flywheel or collet from there. Let us know what you find.

Ok Ill let you know tomorrow, Very hot right now, and its dark to do anything. I hope it something outside not inside.

Sorry for the Language, Thanks for the edit.

Take the glow plug out and look at it. See if its melted, distorted. Thats usually a sign of big trouble. Then proceed with Megas inst. You can spin the flywheel while shinning a light at the back of the flywheel. You should be able to see a bit of the crank or collet. If its spinning and the piston isnt moving, kaplewy.

OH MAN, Its deff blown. the crankshaft is broken, i took out the roto start cover and took off the CB, I don't know how to take off the clutch shoes. and i saw some tiny metal pieces in the engine, i took off the manifold. Where can I get a new Crankshaft? I don't have the money for a new engine.

Can I get a new Crankshaft for the Nitro Star S-25. Or do i have to get a new engine. If I do, what is the best, Most powerful, Durable engine for the Savage 25?

only put your addy in a PM not an open post. deleting for your protection.

Cheaper to buy a new motor buddy. sorry yours popped. with a savage 25 you need to keep about the same size motor or do a OS.18TZ. anything bigger and you will have diff issues if they are the stock plastic ones. The .18tz in a savage is fast a few guys have done it. to rebuild a .25 motor you would need a crank piston sleeve connecting rod and maybe bearings. that is why it is cheaper to buy new.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back