what esc??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savageboi

hey guys, been a while since iv posted. how is every bady??

Right this isnt really a savage question but I'm really stuck!?

I have a brushless drift car that i bought on ebay and its recently burnt out the esc, i had it looked at and the esc was not up to the job in the first place.

I have a dynamite c4 7700kv 540 motor but am now short an esc what what be a fairly cheap esc that would handle this motor??

any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks brad.

any one? any one at all? would a hpi q base from the flux do the trick?? some one please reply. lol

What voltages you are running it on. For 2S anything like the Sidewinder or even EZRUN 60A should do the trick. For 3S you should go to something beefier like the Mamba Max Pro.

running 2s. thanks for the reply. ok thanks any info on the q base? iv seen one cheep that il buy if it will do the job??

The Q-Base is a rebadged Castle Mamba Max Pro, so more than a bit overkill for 2s use in your car. If it's REALLY cheap it's worth getting anyway, but as BIG-block says, an EZRUN 60A will be fine, even the 35A. I've had the 35A in 1/10 Associated buggies and touring cars with a similar motor to yours and it works great.

There are couple of little differences between the Q-base and MMP. Firstly as with all rebadged Castle ESCs, HPI has asked to have them locked soe they can't be used with any beta firmware. So in case of my Flux's Blur ESC it can only run on V1.24 firmware. Same will be true with the Q-base.

Another thing that is different is that MMP has the motor wires soldered to the circuit board but in case of the Q-base they have 4mm (I am pretty sure they are 4mm) bullet connectors for the motor and solder posts for the battery wires.

Not a huge difference but worth a mention.

the q base is castle link programmable beta version too. I have it I'm my savage 2350 anhd i can program it with the usb.

To be honest mate the Hpi Vapor i think would get you the best bang for buck also the power curve unlike most cheaper esc are #### with either no curve or on the other hand massive laggg

That my 2cents :)

the q base is castle link programmable beta version too. I have it I'm my savage 2350 anhd i can program it with the usb.

I think you are getting a little confused. Betta firmware and programing with the Castle Link (usb) is a different thing. With Castle ESCs you have many versions of firmware available. Firmware is basically a program that tells the ESC how to behave and also what features/parameters the ESC could have (not talking about adjusting throttle/brake curves, LVC, punch, etc...). With HPI versions of Castle ESCs you are limited to only the versions of firmware that HPI approves and not the others. With the HPI version of MMM you are only able to use 1.24V firmware. Not 100% on the MMP but I think you are limited there also to only one version. Castle did this on HPI's request. Trust me on this. It's not a big deal really but just pointing out the differences.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back