what do you do if u run your savage into a creek ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punisher

ok so like the title says :bad driver: driving along a creek and hits a dip gets air right in to 8 inches of water upside down ....:mushroom:
i pulled it out and removed all electronics took it home dissasembled motor and cleaned out all water .... now what should i do ....? thanks :bad pc:

sounds like you got it covered ... just relube everything with dw40 .. bearings.... and then after run oil in the engine ... make sure no debre is in the carb and engine .. it should be ok... make sure electronics are dry... blow dryer works good for that .... and it should be ok.... as long as the batteries were pulled fast enough that the electronics didnt get smoked should be ok...

what about diff think i ll hav to regrease it ?
was going to do this anyway its time ? a little more then a gallon running on it .... think ill disasemble whole truck and do my mid tank conversion on it too ...

You got it covered maybe a bit to far hehe i fully submerged mine last time i was out. Just shut it off and hit it with and air hose. Still works. =D

lol after removig the head and filter drained about a pint of water from both lol

This happened to a mate of mine whilst we were out ,same as yours but about a foot of sandy water -

Bashing002.jpg

He took the engine out why we were there,flushed a load of fuel through it,then re fitted it.The engine has run fine since,that was last year!.The WD40 idea might be worth it if youve got the engine out anyway :).

I say get contact spray and clean all your electronics. WD 40 will work!:cheers: I would go as far as using Marvel Mystery oil to clean out your motor, Remove your front engine bearing seal and blow it out with air and reinstall. These are all going beyond the already mentioned

http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/index.php/site/products/

I meant using WD 40 for everything, except for the electronics. I only use the contact spray for electronics.

ok i have the worst luck ... after blow drying the electronics... go and test them out with out installing them in the truck and poof up in flames battery caught on fire and my servo fried i think the recieveris still good ... even though it smells burnt out so the throttle servo works i swap spots on reciever still works. by the way i swaped battries to old aa set up but steering is still shot ... i still didnt test the fail safe or the indicator .... maybe its time for a upgrade to a digital spectrum remote do they come with servos? are the seros they come with any good? thanks

That's rough, dude...lol

I ran my Flux into a deep puddle at the BMX track when I had it out there Monday. You shoulda heard me cuss when it went in.
Fortunately, the rx and ESC only got a couple drops on the case, and I was able to run it slow back out. After that, I went to a different set of jumps...

Latest posts

Members online

Back