What crank should I use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

So I have a crank that purenitro sent me; Modded like crazy..
And a crank that crash did some modding to .. Iam putting a new piston/sleeve and c-rod in my surefire .32r

Just wonder what you guys think I should use. The sleeve is very mildly ported from the factory. And purenitro crank is advanced to the nuts. I'm hoping that it wont cause issues if I run it ? What to you guys and gals think I should run ?

Crash's Crank mod on left Robin's on right
IMG_3650.jpg

IMG_3649.jpg

Switched around in this pic
IMG_3648.jpg

Crash on left pure on right
IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3646.jpg

Id try both to be honest. Just to see the difference. And of course use the one that runs best. Don't be surprised if Crashes tunes easier than robins do to the stock sleeve. But who knows.. get wrenching

SJ I would go with Pure's crank all the way bud

Back when I did that crank pictured, I had not been tutored by Pure

after many phone calls and pm's Robin showed me how to get evan more power out of these mills then when I did yours back then.

Have fun with that monster

is that some rust on crank of crush moded??

let us know the feed back if u r going to try both cranks

Last edited by a moderator:
It is rust .. sufrace rust tho .. been sitting in a cold grarage for a few months .. I will give feedback when I run it

you can take that rust of with 00 grade steel wool. it shouldnt affect the tolerances on the crank. we use that on chromed shafts and surfaces at work, because it messes up the allowable clearance between the shaft the the bearings. have fun!!!

where's Pure?

He would know the most about his crank.

I know the one I did only had a slight timing change, I had yet really learned what a timing wheel was at the time....lol :slapped:me

Well crank is installed. Started break in and riched up the needles .. Already it's so freaking snappy slobbery rich

Hi all, I was out of town on a ski trip the last couple days with the family. That crank came from an R&D engine, I sent it to Jeremy along with a block that he needed. The crank is totaly timed out, it should work just fine in the new .32 but will not do any damage.

Finding a perfect tune may be a little harder then with the other crank, or not? it will be hard to tell until you try it. It was running just fine in my engine until I pushed the sleeve timing too high, as I said it was a R&D engine.

Have you ever run a sts Jeremy? it could tune just like one of those due to the huge crank induction. STS engines are a pita to tune because of the crank, not the carb, but when they go, they GO!!! This may be the same with that crank, run it some more and let us know how it turns out.

Yes Robin I have had a sts .30 .. I seemed to tune it well .. So far I'm on my 2nd break in tank.. Video when it gets broke in for sure

Wow, that rig hooks up nice! that jeremy working the Tx?

Thanks, the surefire .32 has a nicer sleeve (has nice fangs already to work with)then the axial .32
messn with the two I liked the SF more.

ya, thats are man SJ at the controls

Latest posts

Members online

Back