What body do you run on your XL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsenracing

Manufacturer
Alright, i'm looking for some options for bodys for the XL Length truck. What do some of you run on your XL's? Also, if possible please post a picture of them.

The only one that seems to line up correctly is the Proline f-650. I wish some new longer options were available.

I run the HPI Grave Robber, the Pro-Line '07 Silverado ext cab (MGT size), and the stock GT Gigante. I run the Pro-Line body most of the time.

CIMG00802.jpg

CIMG00902.jpg

CIMG00912.jpg

CIMG00842.jpg

CIMG00862.jpg

CIMG00922.jpg

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-1.jpg

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-3.jpg

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-9.jpg

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-7.jpg

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-4.jpg

CIMG0021.jpg

CIMG0026.jpg

Tried to get different angles so you can see the differences in length/width.

The only one that seems to line up correctly is the Proline f-650. I wish some new longer options were available.

I find that some of the shorter bodies do line up nicely if you just take your time getting the mounting holes where you want them, so that the body isn't too far forward or backward.

Thanks for the picts guys. I am running the MGT 07 Chevy body on my Nitro extended but that's only 1.5". My BL will be XL Length via PRC205. So just trying to figgure out my options and what fits best.

So keep the picts comming.

don't know excatly what body style youre looking for but I tried my stock sc8 body on my xl It looks like body post holes would have to be moved But I think I'm goin to eventually get one. No Pics sorry.

I'm not exactly sure what body I was going to go with or what style. Was looking at the Proline Slash Desert Rat maybe. It will be a tad short wheel base and a bit wide for my liking but may be different.

I know when I had my homemade ext front and rear TVPs (the diamond plate ones) the only bodies that came close to lookin perfect were the bodies made for the LST. These are the only pics that I have.

100_0497.jpg

These next 3 are dirty pics after a long night of bashing, but should be good enough for comparison.
102_0687.jpg

102_0688.jpg

102_0691.jpg

Keep in mind, the TVPs I made were 2" ext. overall. 1" in rear and 1" in the front. LST bodies were the closest fit at that time.

Right any Pro-Line bodies that have this in the description are teh longer version. They usually have two versions of each body:

Perfect fit and proportions for the REVO® 3.3,MGT, LST, TNX, and Genesis

I'm not exactly sure what body I was going to go with or what style. Was looking at the Proline Slash Desert Rat maybe. It will be a tad short wheel base and a bit wide for my liking but may be different.

I was going to mention a Slash body.

To compare here is that body on FLM ext-->>Divey's slash body on FLM ext

Looks like it would be long enough for the XL, in the pic it looks tight on the FLM. I personally like the width, especially after some 1/2 offset rims.

DSC_0300.jpg

Let us know what you find bud :)

Awesome, I think i'll go that rough. I will be using the XL extended axles so that will give me 1/2" on each side and with time it will get 1/2" offset wheels. It fits the 1.5" extended pretty well and should fit the 2.165" extension as well, maybe not as good but will fit. Thanks for the help.

Good deal :)

Did you look @ the other pics on the link?

The rims he used I don't think are any kind of offset, so in the end I think after some offset it will look pretty good.

Latest posts

Members online

Back