What are these O-rings used for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELWOOD

HPISF Supporter
This goes out to the SAVAGE Community : I was rummaging through my parts stash this past weekend after a day of running the Savages with my Son and I came across a set of 4 O-rings from HPI , part # 6898 . I see they are listed in all Manuals from the Savage 21 to X 4.6 but they aren't in the exploded parts diagram. Dose anyone know what they are used for ???

20200430_213417.jpg

Elwood did you have any luck finding out what they were, looking at my savage 21 manual your correct in saying they are listed but can’t see anywhere that they are used!

Hi I don't have any nitro savage but for the size of it could be the one in the middle of the exhaust pipe. It has no part name in the exploded view.
1588427176112.png

Yes good find orzowei69 could well be, still hoping it’s fuel tank o ring as would like to replace it!

So that elusive o ring did in fact go into savage 25 & 3.5 exhaust pipe then! ??
Take it then to get original o ring seal on tank cap you have to buy complete fuel tank then?

I'm sure you could find a replacement at hardware store , just needs to be Buna-N - Nitrile (NBR) which is fuel resistant .

Yes to be fair have got whole box of different sizes for which have matched this size I need, but like you say they/don’t think are fuel proof.
I was just replacing this o ring as part of my trouble shooting of breaking my new engine in & looking for leaks which did not let by with using the soapy water method! ??

Latest posts

Members online

Back