What Are The Factory Settings On My Axial 28

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CORVETTE 70

I was wondering if any one could tell me the proper settings on the carb for the axial 28. My buddy was helpping me do the brake in and figured he would adjust the throttle a little while i was getting a drink. Now i can get it to start but it screams and everytime i turn it down it wont run. Not to mention he snapped of the string on my pull start so i had to put the old rotor start on and it wont stay on. (recomendation, when wheels are spinning really fast don't set truck down on table it might shoot a screw driver through the window, opps):FarleyParty:

The bottom of the black plastic lines up with a notch on the high speed needle housing and the low and mid range needles go flush with the top of the needle housings.

ok its running good now. I have been playing with temperature and performance. Richer is better right now. I ran it to hot the other day and cooked my main drive gear..... I have changed a few things
1. dual stainless breaks
2. Hpi ribbed exhast
3. new springs
4. Roll cage
5. battery packs (five cell 1200/1600)
6. Fail safe
7. new bearings through out truck
8. adaption part for charging new batterys and moving switch.
9. Adjustable front control arms.
10.new all steel gears from RRP
11.new axial 28
12.New billet finned motor mount.
13 skid plate to protect everything my body won't

Ok guys running alot better now, checked for air leaks and richened it up some. It still hesitates a little during take off, so no wheelies but it sure moves and jumps better.(temp around 250 F). I must say i'm glad i have a savage, i totally destroyed the revo and traxxx's that was out there on the weekend...Buddys traxxx's is always broke down and dude with the revo try'd to push me away from the jump one to many times and ended up with a broken upper control arm....
opps no more bashing for him that day. Should my savage 25 be able to pull wheelies with the axial 28? Thanks again everyone it was my first day of all out bashing instead of fixing.

Glad to hear you had fun. And you got to show up some Traxxas owners. That makes it even better. Are you still running the ribbed pipe? If so, that could be why your not getting wheelies. Did you try leaning the low speed needle a little? when I need wheelies thats all I had to do. I did lose a lot of my wheelies when I went to an extended chassis though.
Also, what is the slipper set to? I like mine all the way tight. try running it tight for a tank and see if that helps. You should be doing monster wheelies with an Axial .28

i guess i'm really new but what is the slipper?

The slipper is built into the spur gear. Its adjusted by loosening or tightening the nut down onto the spring. Run it all the way tight and see if that helps you get wheelies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back