What about a 1/2 inch wider?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvergagt04

I was looking at my dual tank mock up and was thinking that if the TVP's were about 3/8 to 1/2 inch wider apart it would be like a glove. So, I went to the Ace by my house and looked through all the hardware and found them, little circular aluminum 1/4 inch wide spacers that are threaded either 6-32 or 8-32 and i think thats what the screws are. I haven't looked yet. You all think it would be a good idea to do that? I know I'll probably have to get longer screws especially since I now have the FLM TVP's and those things are THICK. It shouldn't affect anything else as far as I can see in my rough mock up... I am waiting for replys before I go and buy them, they are $0.50 a piece, but cheaper in both time and money then making my own.

If you're going to use them as a spacer, they shouldn't be threaded. Usually, having a threaded spacer (in your case) would cause the screw to tighten against either the tvp, or say, the motor plate, but not both at the same time. This could also cause the assembly to come loose later. If you are going to use spacers, drill out the threads (pliers and a drill press would be find if you take your time). That way, the screw will have no restriction through the space and will be able to properly tighten against the tvp's and internal chassis supports, etc.

Fallow what arm said and all the screws on the sided of the truck are either M4's or a few M3's so your #6, or #8's will not work.

I guess I don't see any thing wrong with going wider but I'm not exactly wure why you are going dual tank unless you are twin engine.

If looking for a larger tank you may be better off going with like the OFNA 250cc tank which is 100cc's larger than the stock tank. I make a plate for this which is part number PRC125 wich will fit your flm TVP's as long as you have a front X style bulkhead.

DO IT!
ArnoldPredator.jpg
DO IT NOW!!

Seriously, why not? I'd love to see how it turns out. I do agree with everything armageddonmonkey and larsenracing said too.

I actually thought of that, last night when I was in limbo (half asleep/ half awake) drilling the treads out because of what you said about it being to tight or loose. Dual tank- single engine. I had bought one of these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=dtxc7805 a long time ago and didnt know it was only 125cc's so I bought another one and am going to hook them up in series so I'll have over 250ccs on board if you count what is in the fuel lines. Plus I think using these will be sweet because I'm pretty sure I'll be able to add fuel through the opening in the whindshield with out bending the body up and stuff you know what i mean.

If you run them inlue of each other like that there will deffanetly be no reason for Mid tank lean because first off you are getting rid of the problem tank second you are basicly adding a header tank but both are easily being filled. It should actually work vary well. But you do have more chance of one of the tanks having an air leak but shouldn't be a big deal. Gool luck.

Get picts of it in progress and finnished. We cant wait to see it.

:duh: My bad guess I wasn't thinking again.

Latest posts

Members online

Back