Werks off road racing clutch ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silspeed

Well I bought a Werks racing off road clutch and installed it in my Savage 25. First two passes I made clutch grabbed nice and trans shifted good. Then the clutch started engaging later and had only one gear! Was wondering if anyone used this clutch setup and what their adjustments were. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have a Werks monster truck clutch

I think is the same one

I did have issues with the flywheel slipping

Mega told me to check the collet and
he was rite the collet didnt match the Werks flywheel

need to have the proper collet to match flywheel

IDK if this is your problem just something I wanted to mention,.

Dan

Thanks for the info guys! Crash, I believe we're running the same clutch. When I installed the clutch I used the same collet from the previous clutch, and it was a lil worn. haven't pulled it apart again to check and see but I picked up a new collet ne wayz. Also I am still running the adjustment nut @ flush setting with the silver spring and haven't done any more adjusting. What spring do you use and how far did you adjust the clutch in?

I never got it to tune because of the slippage

now its shelved untill I can get the rite collet

Well i will try replacing my collet with the new one I got from my lhs and try adjusting the spring some, Thanks again!

Took the clutch and flywheel off and checked for the flywheel slipping on the collet...everything stayed tight. Put it all back together and tried a harder spring and had little to no engagement at all. Went back to the original spring and flush setting and had same problem as in my first post except this time I glazed my cb. I wonder if the I.D. of my cb is too large for this setup?

mt friend had one of those in his monster GT....was a terd to keep setting.....i think it might be more trouble than it's worth speed......

Yra Ithink I'm gonna go back to stock or get the Nova/Mugen setup when I get some cash! Its a shame though!

Members online

No members online now.
Back